Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

CA driving test requirements

CA driving test requirements

Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CA driving test requirements

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Excellent. You're now a real person in the eyes of California

For the record, my both my local DMVs were fabulous. Appointment time was kept. Very slick operation.
Same here.

Sarahlou - which DMV did you go to? When I lived in the city (SF), the DMV's were ... challenging ... but once I moved to the burbs, the DMV's were pretty good.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Same here.

Sarahlou - which DMV did you go to? When I lived in the city (SF), the DMV's were ... challenging ... but once I moved to the burbs, the DMV's were pretty good.
We went to San Mateo DMV, speaking to other people locally they agreed this one was a nightmare and disorganised, if only they had told me beforehand
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Same here.

I've had the reverse experience. When I used to go to the one in Walnut Creek it was a shambles. Now I go to the one in SF it's been great:- always been seen at (or before) my appointment time. I suspect it's more a case that they finally improved their efficiency a few years ago.