Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

C1 Passport form help please, name change!

C1 Passport form help please, name change!

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:45 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default C1 Passport form help please, name change!

http://www.britainusa.com/files/adob...9o25299o_5.pdf

The link above does not give me the answer I am looking for?

Only want to do a name change.

1.Section 10 Completed by a countersignature do I have to get someone to do that as its a name change?

2. Do I have to send in new photo's?

3.My Birth cert does not have my parents names on it was issued in 88 as mum lost the original its been through every other passport and immigration check thats all I have!!

4.Who would you suggest I send it by Courier,UPS,Fedex??

Cheers in advance

Last edited by Poppy girl; Apr 3rd 2008 at 2:04 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: C1 Passport form help please, name change!

My "guess" is that even if you only wnat to change your name they will issue you with a new passport and therefore you'll have to send in photos...I may be wrong though..is there a help line phone number ? Could you call the Embassy in Washington ?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:13 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
My "guess" is that even if you only wnat to change your name they will issue you with a new passport and therefore you'll have to send in photos...I may be wrong though..is there a help line phone number ? Could you call the Embassy in Washington ?
I was under the inderstanding that the passport stayed the same and only the name was adjusted..

But Thank you.... sure someone will chime in who has done it

Wondering is this is all they want

You should send your current passport and if:

a) your name has changed through marriage, you must enclose the full original civil marriage certificate bearing a raised seal. You should also enclose evidence of termination of any previous marriages.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Apr 3rd 2008 at 2:18 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I was under the inderstanding that the passport stayed the same and only the name was adjusted..

a) your name has changed through marriage, you must enclose the full original civil marriage certificate bearing a raised seal. You should also enclose evidence of termination of any previous marriages.
Yes they will need to see the decree absolute or whatever its called here. They should already have details of your marriage on file...but what the hell send the marriage certificate anyway.

As far as the photos are concerned...if you still look like the person in the current photo you do not need to get them countersigned.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I think (but am not positive) that you will get a new passport, but that they will return the old one to you (obviously punched to make it invalid, etc.). I'm actually getting ready to do the same thing, but mine is also expired.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes they will need to see the decree absolute or whatever its called here. They should already have details of your marriage on file...but what the hell send the marriage certificate anyway.

As far as the photos are concerned...if you still look like the person in the current photo you do not need to get them countersigned.
I know I called the courthouse who has our marriage certificate and the clerk knew exactly what type of certificate to produce for the passport. I think Poppygirl will have to do this. A plain old copy doesn't do it.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
I know I called the courthouse who has our marriage certificate and the clerk knew exactly what type of certificate to produce for the passport. I think Poppygirl will have to do this. A plain old copy doesn't do it.
She's applying for a UK PP so she can't go to the courthouse...everything has to be done via the UK Embassy in DC.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:58 pm

She's applying for a UK PP so she can't go to the courthouse...everything has to be done via the UK Embassy in DC.
I have the original raised stamp marriage cert and the original divorce papers.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah - I was thinking it was a US passport - my mistake. I had to call Arizona to get my paperwork, it was a pain.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:59 pm

lol just reminded me better go get the photo's done so I can send the passport on monday.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I have the original raised stamp marriage cert and the original divorce papers.
I really don't think they'll need your marriage certificate...but if in doubt send it. You don't need to Fed Ex it...I took mine to the PO and got a return receipt.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:18 pm

I really don't think they'll need your marriage certificate...but if in doubt send it. You don't need to Fed Ex it...I took mine to the PO and got a return receipt.
Back already photo's done at walgreens its only next door lol..

I will send the marriage cert just incase I am more worried that they won't send the originals back.

I will overnight it with Fedex quicker I think!

I did see someone mention a courier once, I want it back ASAP because no GC or passport is a bit scary.
Oh the Birth cert what do you reckon?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Back already photo's done at walgreens its only next door lol..

I will send the marriage cert just incase I am more worried that they won't send the originals back.

I will overnight it with Fedex quicker I think!

I did see someone mention a courier once, I want it back ASAP because no GC or passport is a bit scary.
Oh the Birth cert what do you reckon?
It took about 2 weeks for mine a year ago...I think the time frame is approx the same now.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 3rd 2008 at 10:25 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:21 pm

I took about 2 weeks for mine a year ago...I think the time frame is approx the same now.
and the birth cert you did not send it?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

and the birth cert you did not send it?
No because they already have your details on file...or should I say in their computer system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.