Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Buying a house... I need to understand the

Buying a house... I need to understand the

Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Scotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud ofScotish171 has much to be proud of
Default Buying a house... I need to understand the

Hi I am moving to Chicago in the summer time and need some advice on the process for buying a house in the USA.

Who do i need to get involved ..
what structure does it follow..
can I get a mortgage ...
ect ect ect

also i have some cash back in the UK .. can I bring it with me to use as a deposit and will i be taxed on this.

any advice would be great

thanks.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a house... I need to understand the

Originally Posted by Scotish171
Hi I am moving to Chicago in the summer time and need some advice on the process for buying a house in the USA.

Who do i need to get involved ..
what structure does it follow..
can I get a mortgage ...
ect ect ect

also i have some cash back in the UK .. can I bring it with me to use as a deposit and will i be taxed on this.

any advice would be great

thanks.
find
make offer
have inspection
close sale
move in

mortgage ..depends on lots of factors ..
yes ..bring all you like ...