Buying a house in Houston, TX. Mortgage/financial advice

Buying a house in Houston, TX. Mortgage/financial advice

Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Mikejmacd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a house in Houston, TX. Mortgage/financial advice

Hi All,

Looking for help please.

I have been in TX for a year now and going through my GC process, I am looking to buy a home in the near future.

I have a good credit score now and have a deposit saved (20% of the value of houses I am looking at) can anyone recommend an advisor for expats in this area that can help or any tips ?

Thanks for reading .

Mike
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a house in Houston, TX. Mortgage/financial advice

We subscribed to AIG Inbound expat assistance and they sorted out our mortgage for us with Wells Fargo. The rate is competitive and they were really good at managing with all our foreign (french) financial information.

We had to go back 2 years with financial info, showing salary/bank accounts/previous mortgage payments. Also you will have to show a paper trail of where your deposit money has come from.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 8:37 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikejmacd
Hi All,

Looking for help please.

I have been in TX for a year now and going through my GC process, I am looking to buy a home in the near future.

I have a good credit score now and have a deposit saved (20% of the value of houses I am looking at) can anyone recommend an advisor for expats in this area that can help or any tips ?

Thanks for reading .

Mike
The guy who sorted out our finance was good, and actually has products to deal specifically with expats now too.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Mikejmacd is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the feedback
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

r3dg3cko rob is just really nicer3dg3cko rob is just really nicer3dg3cko rob is just really nicer3dg3cko rob is just really nicer3dg3cko rob is just really nicer3dg3cko rob is just really nicer3dg3cko rob is just really nicer3dg3cko rob is just really nice

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
We subscribed to AIG Inbound expat assistance and they sorted out our mortgage for us with Wells Fargo. The rate is competitive and they were really good at managing with all our foreign (french) financial information.

We had to go back 2 years with financial info, showing salary/bank accounts/previous mortgage payments. Also you will have to show a paper trail of where your deposit money has come from.
Did you contact AIG through Wells Fargo? or the other way around? We've just started looking around at houses and are also looking for advice specific to Expat mortgages - good to know they take your UK history into account.

I'll ask at Wells Fargo as we bank there - do you have a mortgage contact at AIG you could share?
Old Oct 28th 2014, 2:59 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r3dg3cko rob
Did you contact AIG through Wells Fargo? or the other way around? We've just started looking around at houses and are also looking for advice specific to Expat mortgages - good to know they take your UK history into account.

I'll ask at Wells Fargo as we bank there - do you have a mortgage contact at AIG you could share?
I'm on it! Waiting for a reply then I'll pm you.