Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

buying cars with Intl. Autosource

buying cars with Intl. Autosource

Old Oct 12th 2003, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

ireland132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying cars with Intl. Autosource

We moved to Los Angeles 4 weeks ago and bought two cars via Intl. Autosource before we left. It was one of the best pieces of planning we did.

Everything went very smoothly indeed. Now the owners of 2 pieces of Detroit steel with 3 year warranties. Got 2.9% finance on one. Didn't have to waste time (and the obvious delights) of visiting dealers when we arrived. These guys were on the ball and very efficient.

I have a colleague relocating in the next few months and will be pointing him in the same direction. Hell, it even worked for Pulaski.

Recommended.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you had a positive experience there..

We have also been recommended to use them too when we eventually get over to Florida.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

smiler125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: buying cars with Intl. Autosource

I enquired with Autosource, but as we didn't have job offers before we got to America we were turned down.

I explained to them that we had savings to cover months of payments (until we get get jobs) and also a co-signer.

They said the co-signer had to be an immediate family member, so my Wife's Aunt was not good for it anyway.

Has anyone had a different experience to me, as I wasn't totally convinced by everything the guy I spoke to told me.

Thanks
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:37 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! I just put a deposit down on a 2004 Ford Focus! Intl Autosource have been great so far...very helpful and calling and emailing when they say they will. I couldn't face the hassle of sorting out a car when I got there having no credit and all. I've heard only good things about them. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the car.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 8:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying cars with Intl. Autosource

Originally posted by smiler125 ......Has anyone had a different experience to me, as I wasn't totally convinced by everything the guy I spoke to told me. ....
I'm sorry to hear that your experience wasn't a satisfactory one. I bought a car through them almost two years ago and my experience was entirely positive, I have no complaints, or even negative feelings toward them. I would recommend them to anyone emigrating to the US, of course there are the limitations (such as having to have a firm job offer, and committing before arriving in the US), but these are more than outweighed by being able to get easy access to credit for a car when you have no US credit history.

Just for the record, Int'l Autosource's main line of business is providing vehicles to members of the US military, and so I would consider them to be completely trustworthy and beyond reproach.