Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Buy wife loo seat for Christmas - thats love!!

Buy wife loo seat for Christmas - thats love!!

Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:09 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buy wife loo seat for Christmas - thats love!!

I have to tell you this story. I am probably the only husband that bought his wife a lavatory seat for Christmas and lived to tell the tale

Believe me ?

Here's the story...

My wife has ALWAYS wanted a bidet - she really misses the little bleeders (we had one in the UK) and we haven't room in our bathroom to put one here. In Japan about 4 years ago, we stayed at a posh hotel where the Bidet was built into the loo seat. It was really high tech and WAY too cool (and she loved it )...

Well anyway, about 2 Chistmas's ago, I bought one on the Internet and wrapped it. Her face was a gem on xmas morning. Funny she never guessed Anyway, I fitted it before New year (I had to add a power outlet) and hey presto, for the last 2 years she's had her Bidet. Heck this thing even has a charcoal air filter, a hot air blower, a remote (that sites on the wall) and allows you to control water temp, pressure, heated seat and more. Those Japanese are way too smart...

Anyone else got a weirder present they brought for their spouse ??
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buy wife loo seat for Christmas - thats love!!

I recently bought the missus a Jagermeister machine for her birthday.

I had previously built her the full-scale pub (not joking) as a wedding present.

Originally Posted by franc11s
I have to tell you this story. I am probably the only husband that bought his wife a lavatory seat for Christmas and lived to tell the tale

Believe me ?

Here's the story...

My wife has ALWAYS wanted a bidet - she really misses the little bleeders (we had one in the UK) and we haven't room in our bathroom to put one here. In Japan about 4 years ago, we stayed at a posh hotel where the Bidet was built into the loo seat. It was really high tech and WAY too cool (and she loved it )...

Well anyway, about 2 Chistmas's ago, I bought one on the Internet and wrapped it. Her face was a gem on xmas morning. Funny she never guessed Anyway, I fitted it before New year (I had to add a power outlet) and hey presto, for the last 2 years she's had her Bidet. Heck this thing even has a charcoal air filter, a hot air blower, a remote (that sites on the wall) and allows you to control water temp, pressure, heated seat and more. Those Japanese are way too smart...

Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone that bought his wife a greenhouse for christmas..they're no longer married.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:45 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
I know someone that bought his wife a greenhouse for christmas..they're no longer married.
My old boss bought a deep fat fryer for his wife a few years back and they are still married!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

My surprise Christmas presents from hubby have included

Standard lamp
Coffee maker
Toasted sandwich maker
Wine bottle stoppers
Full set of carving knives

I have told him I do not want anything for the kitchen or the house this year.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s

Believe me ?

Here's the story...

got mine a vacume cleaner once :scared: :scared: ....that went down like a fart in church
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:51 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
got mine a vacume cleaner once :scared: :scared: ....that went down like a fart in church
Sounds like you and my hubbie shared the same Christmas list . He did follow up the next year with flights home to UK so all was forgiven but not forgotten
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

My first Christmas in the US my boss, (a mate and another recent ex-pat) invited me to join his family for Christmas Day.

When I turned up he was standing in the driveway waiting for me and seemed to be hiding behind me as we walked into their house. Turned out an hour earlier he had given his wife a ButtMaster for Christmas.

They're still married (but haven't had any more children).
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
My first Christmas in the US my boss, (a mate and another recent ex-pat) invited me to join his family for Christmas Day.

When I turned up he was standing in the driveway waiting for me and seemed to be hiding behind me as we walked into their house. Turned out an hour earlier he had given his wife a ButtMaster for Christmas.

They're still married (but haven't had any more children).
Maybe I shouldn't ask but what's a ButtMaster?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius

I think the word Greek is in the answer
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Some instrument of torture mascarading as an exercise machine for the aftermentioned part of the body. There are also ThighMasters I'm told.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
Some instrument of torture mascarading as an exercise machine for the aftermentioned part of the body. There are also ThighMasters I'm told.
Does the use of ThighMasters improve the taste of the chickens at KFC and Chik-Fil-A I wonder?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Bought the wife a chair last Christmas. She still hasn't plugged it in yet.

I mentioned that joke in a thread a few weeks back so I apologise for the repeat. Still always makes me chuckle though.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 4:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The tractor mower she got one year is her favorite..
Jewellery most years which goes in a box never to be seen again ..
A .38 revolver and a .40 Automatic went down well one year.
Multiple yard equipment always wants and gets..
Enough Wedgwood china to start our own business
Trips to Europe....

Time to start cutting back I think ..
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
Reminds me of the advert from Oreck... "give the love of your life what she really wants for valentines day"... hint guys unless she asks for household goods like that... they are a big no no on the xmas list.

Ash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.