Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Business trip to Canada - Letter of Introduction needed?

Business trip to Canada - Letter of Introduction needed?

Old Nov 8th 2010, 4:59 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business trip to Canada - Letter of Introduction needed?

Ok - I'm in Winnipeg right now and neither myself or my septic work colleage were asked to produce the letters that were sat in our bags.

P.S. Just had the most outrageous vindaloo that I've consumed on this continent so far. There may well be repurcussions in the morning.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
Wouldn't have made any difference if he had been a USC at the time. Americans do not get a "free pass" into Canada.
I work college who is a USC was recently stopped by Canadian immigration from entering Canada. They were turned away because the last time they entered Canada they were told they needed a Letter of Introduction. Which stated who they worked for, how long they planned on staying in Canada for, what they were doing there. They were told that they needed this because they had recently had a number of trips into canada in a short period of time. They were told that when they come back they needed to present the letter an a visa would be issued.

They ignored the request and was stopped and turned away at the boarder.

It isn't harmful to have the letter.

On the other hand during the same time as my work college was going back and forth between USA and CANADA I did the same but managed to make 1 trip more. I was not asked or questioned at any point. I'm a Aussie Citizen, so you may find being a USC is a problem.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I had one when I got a B2 for the US but never needed one for (infrequent) business trips to Canada.