Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bush signs Schiavo legislation

View Poll Results: Bush signs Schiavo legislation-how do you feel?
I'm Outraged!!
95.45%
Government intervention is fine by me.
4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Bush signs Schiavo legislation

Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:23 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush signs Schiavo legislation

Originally Posted by candy wy.
link should work now..

well some states do a good job at the moment keeping death row prisoners alive while they go through all the appeals proccess. but that is another debate we won't go in to.funny though how it always ends up about money..
oh honey that would definitly need its own thread!!! LOL
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:28 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
oh honey that would definitly need its own thread!!! LOL
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:29 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

for good sake i am not the only person in the world that says it is wrong to withdraw a feeding tube..

http://www.spucscotland.org/educatio...yblandpvs.html

oh no a doctor in the british medical journal doesn't see tube feeding as artifical he sees it as a tool for daily living..
Un-bloody believable!

I suppose you plant hammers and wrenchs every spring on your planet.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:38 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iginla
Un-bloody believable!

I suppose you plant hammers and wrenchs every spring on your planet.
\

ok i am done with you. we all use a tool to eat with unless you eat like a pig.

and your on the planet what??????? self opiniated..your views are the only ones that matter any one who disagree's is stupid ..

Last edited by candy wy.; Mar 25th 2005 at 12:43 am.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:45 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

\

ok i am done with you.
and on your on the planet what??????? self opiniated..your views are the only ones that matter any one who disagree's is stupid ..
All I asked from you was a link stating that PEG feeding was natural and I'd concede defeat.

You post some link saying that it's similar to a spoon in that it's a tool and then PM me claiming victory.

As I said: PEG feeding is not natural. It is artificial.

Google "peg feeding artificial" and you will have enough links to back up my point.

Now, give me one link that says it is natural.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??? A PLASTIC TUBE HANGING OUT OF YOUR GUT IS NOT NATURAL!!

(Print that out, stand in front of the mirror and repeat it 100 times)

Maybe, just maybe ......
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:51 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The only feeding tube hanging out of your gut that is natural is your umbilical cord.

Anyway -- this thread is seriously dissolving .... I've seen so many fights over what is "natural" -- eg breastfeeding is natural, but bottlefeeding is not -- ergo feeding in the last case is not natural.

There are obvious passions over issues so close to the heart. Take care of your own, work for change as you see fit, and remember, we are all only here for a short while.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

for good sake i am not the only person in the world that says it is wrong to withdraw a feeding tube..

http://www.spucscotland.org/educatio...yblandpvs.html

oh no a doctor in the british medical journal doesn't see tube feeding as artifical he sees it as a tool for daily living..
Is this guy on crack?

"a tool for daily living, similar to the specially adapted spoons that enable arthritic patients to feed themselves"

How is forced feeding via a tube similar to someone using an adapted spoon to feed themselves?
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:57 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

yes irrespective of cost..yes if that was a persons choice.
So lets start some estimations here...

How many of these poor folks do you think there are in the US?
10/100/1,000/10,000/100,000/1,000,000

How much do you think it costs in dollars per year to provide 24-hr nursing for them?
10,000/100,000/1,000,000/10,000,000

Multiply the first by the second, and tell me how much of the bill you want to pay.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:57 am
staying around

All I asked from you was a link stating that PEG feeding was natural and I'd concede defeat.

You post some link saying that it's similar to a spoon in that it's a tool and then PM me claiming victory.

Google "peg feeding artificial" and you will have enough links to back up my point.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??? A PLASTIC TUBE HANGING OUT OF YOUR GUT IS NOT NATURAL!!

Maybe, just maybe ......
it amazes me that the only way you can try to win an argment it through trying to belittle someone.. shows what a sad person you are...

feeding through a tube is no diifferent to some people than being fed with a spoon a spoon is a tool is that artifical...so i guess we better make sure every one eats with there fingers from now on otherwise in your eyes it is ok to take the food away and let them die...how food gets to the digestive system to me does not matter. which part of that argument does your brain not understand.
like i said i have my opinion you have yours now go and play in the playground and i hope you never need to make the choice for a relative of yours because they will have no chance.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

it amazes me that the only way you can try to win an argment it through trying to belittle someone..

go and play in the playground and i hope you never need to make the choice for a relative of yours because they will have no chance.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:06 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

shall we calm down here folks eh??
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

feeding through a tube is no diifferent to some people than being fed with a spoon a spoon is a tool is that artifical...so i guess we better make sure every one eats with there fingers from now on otherwise in your eyes it is ok to take the food away and let them die...how food gets to the digestive system to me does not matter.
The same could be said of a baby; incapapble (sp?) of feeding itself it relies on someone else to feed it, but yet it's not artificial.

However in this case, the two situations are very different. A baby needs feeding to grow, but feeding Terri only prolongs her death.

It's a very sad case, but we can't apply the same criteria for everyone.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:08 am
staying around

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
yes i know..
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:10 am
staying around

Maybe, just maybe ......

maybe if you stand in front of the mirror and repeat starving someone to death is murder a 100 times you may get my point......
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:12 am
staying around

Originally Posted by Manc
shall we calm down here folks eh??
yes because i am done arguing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.