Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I'm nasty for calling you stupid, but it's okay to call all Republicans racists?
Who am I to go against popular opinion?

Are you living on Planet Snowbunny too?
The snowbunny and myself reside in Hoagy's Alley actually.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can not wait for The Daily Show.

They must have been high five-ing when they heard.

The Far Right AM shows yesterday were anticipating a female, forget her name, but safe ish and not likley to be too controversial.

But they also mentioned that Bush Snr apparently only admitted to one mistake when in office and that was his pandering on a prior nomination.

A lot of other Bush policies will be de-railed by the consequencies, seems a stupid move.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:38 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Thanks to whoever gave me Karma.....please sign your name next time so I can recipricate!

Got work to do....departing Planet Snowbunny and returning to earth.

TTFN
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:50 pm
pingu

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Or were lied to about, like Iraq was connected with September 11th, and that there was convincing evidence that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.
Yawn Not that old chestnut again. Bush went to war with Iraq on the basis of the evidence that was available to him at the time. How was he to know that it would be proven wrong? I forgot that only Democrats are able to predict the future And maybe Iraq did have something to do with 9/11 and maybe it didn't. But it's a fact that the Middle East has one less dangerous regime that could protect future terrorists.
Or who have assholes like Rove working for him, assholes who are willing to put intelligence workers into harm's way as a form of political retaliation, in a time when we desperately need good intelligence information (which apparently we did not get about the Iraqis possessing WMDs).
Rove is under investigation as we speak. At least wait until the outcome, and see what Bush does about it, before you start trying to be clever with it.

You can say that you like the Republican platform, ideology, agenda.... but Bush is a lying, conniving idiot.
He's a politican. Of course he's lying and coniving, no more than any Democrat politician. And who are you to question anybody's intelligence

Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pingu
Yawn Not that old chestnut again. Bush went to war with Iraq on the basis of the evidence that was available to him at the time. How was he to know that it would be proven wrong? I forgot that only Democrats are able to predict the future And maybe Iraq did have something to do with 9/11 and maybe it didn't. But it's a fact that the Middle East has one less dangerous regime that could protect future terrorists.
What evidence was that? .

And what a great reason to wage war - "Well the might have had something to do with it, but then again they might not..."
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:57 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

so it is basically ok to go to war on a whim then?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:58 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
What evidence was that? .

And what a great reason to wage war - "Well the might have had something to do with it, but then again they might not..."
Back again...

Please remember that the Democrats along with Europe and the rest of the free world had the same evidence against Iraq that Bush did and all agreed that he had WMD's. So they're all morons too?

Also, the Democrats voted along with Bush to go into Iraq.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:58 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

And who are you to question anybody's intelligence
He was also governor of Texas where I witnessed his performance from a much more local perspective. Even his staunchest supporters never rank "intelligence" among his strengths.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:00 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Please remember that the Democrats along with Europe and the rest of the free world had the same evidence against Iraq that Bush did and all agreed that he had WMD's. So they're all morons too?
They didn't have the Downing Street Memo, did they? And did "the rest of Europe and the free world" agree that Iraq had WMDs? Non.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Back again...

I think most people wanted the weapons inspectors to have more time.

And did "the rest of Europe and the free world" agree that Iraq had WMDs? Non.
Err....YES!

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I think most people wanted the weapons inspectors to have more time.
they'd had 12 ****ing years dude!
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yawn Not that old chestnut again. Bush went to war with Iraq on the basis of the evidence that was available to him at the time. And maybe Iraq did have something to do with 9/11 and maybe it didn't. But it's a fact that the Middle East has one less dangerous regime that could protect future terrorists.
http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/memos.html

I was in the UK when pre Iraq, I do not remember any suggestion of an Iraq connection with 911. Quite the contrary, Saddam hated them and dealt with them in his own way, they were seen very much as a threat to his own regieme.

Saying that the Democrats are just as bad does not cut it with me, shame on both there houses if that is the case.

I think he was looking for the issue, a bit of prior manipulation is hardly new in historical terms.

Saddam's regieme deserved what they got, but then there is a long list of others, Saudi for example would be higher up my list.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

they'd had 12 ****ing years dude!
And they didn't find anything, mmm I wonder why? doesn't take a genius does it.

Plus Saddam would have offered full access to them.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:05 pm
pingu

He was also governor of Texas where I witnessed his performance from a much more local perspective. Even his staunchest supporters never rank "intelligence" among his strengths.
Sounds like you are unhappy with your life in Texas, and seem to think that Bush's governorship had something to do with it. What's the problem? Did he not give you enough welfare, or something? Boo hoo, my heart bleeds for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.