Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bush in Iraq

Bush in Iraq

Old Nov 27th 2003, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Bush in Iraq

So the cowardly president flew into Iraq on Thursday under cover of darkness and stayed for 2 1/2 hours, what a dork.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

So, I'm guessing you dont like him?

I personally dont like the guy, but I think todays visit to the troops by their commander in chief, was a very good thing for troop moral. Of course, it wont hurt his re-election campaign that much either, and the fact that Hillary Clinton is due in friday, kinda took the wind out of her sails also.

Also, would you want to fly into war torn Baghdad in airforce one, with all lights blazing telling every scum bag with a surface to air missile launcher, that you were there and a sitting duck? You wouldnt get my candy ass on that plane, lights out or not.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 1:57 am
bc1
Just Joined

bc1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

absolutely right Pimpbot. Whatever you think of the guy as a president it was a pretty gutsy call and undoubtedly a morale boost for the troops.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bc1
absolutely right Pimpbot. Whatever you think of the guy as a president it was a pretty gutsy call and undoubtedly a morale boost for the troops.
Yeah, I guess it was a morale booster for the 600 troops who saw him, what about the rest. What a missed opportunity.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by effi
Yeah, I guess it was a morale booster for the 600 troops who saw him, what about the rest. What a missed opportunity.
Yep, they could have just rode him around Baghdad in a hummer with a target on his back. Its not like the area is safe, now is it.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 7:02 am
JeanDupont

Bush in Iraq?

My hubbys latest letter says he hasn't had any since he arrived. I probably believe him on this occasion.

Old Nov 28th 2003, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Give it what you will...as you all sit comfy in your ivory clad towers...Bush did not have to go to the war torn zone, but he did. If it brought an inner comfort to just one soldier, then it was worth it.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

The criminal always returns to the scene of his crime.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yeah Scrumpy? Where do you return to then..Dorset?
Old Nov 28th 2003, 12:21 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Poshpaws
Oh yeah Scrumpy? Where do you return to then..Dorset?
I think Bush has been misunderestimated for too long. The brits clearly don't like him but thats because the brits are clearly against everything he stands for. For one, Bush has more morals than the average british politician. E.g. Ken Livingstone, the guy not only looks like a toad but thinks like a lizard, how on earth could any one vote for him? Simple. Of course, the other candidates were much worse.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

gibbsrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bush In Irag

As I recall, Bush didn't win the election, Daddies friends in the Supreme Court forced him through
Old Nov 28th 2003, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Poshpaws
Give it what you will...as you all sit comfy in your ivory clad towers...Bush did not have to go to the war torn zone, but he did. If it brought an inner comfort to just one soldier, then it was worth it.
This was a pure and simple photo op, if it wasn't then why take journalists along. Remember, this is the guy who said he was appointed by God, who cheated and lied his way into the Whitehouse. You don't have to like the Pres to get into the States by the way, he will never read your post, so no goodie points for you. Most of his own countrymen dislike him.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 2:36 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Why do I see self-interest written all over this visit to Iraq? The whole war was about self-interest and oil for him and his cohorts. He started the bloody war. I don't think he's fooling anybody with 2004 being an election year for him. Give me a break Yes, you're right. I don't like the guy....

This was a pure and simple photo op, if it wasn't then why take journalists along. Remember, this is the guy who said he was appointed by God, who cheated and lied his way into the Whitehouse. You don't have to like the Pres to get into the States by the way, he will never read your post, so no goodie points for you. Most of his own countrymen dislike him.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Yep, they could have just rode him around Baghdad in a hummer with a target on his back. Its not like the area is safe, now is it.
Now, there is a good idea. He would not even need a target. What do you mean, it is not a safe area, it is safe enough for him to send other peoples kids over there, don't see his 2 drunken daughters donning uniforms for the cause. It was a publicity stunt, pure and simple, what a hero.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 4:04 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

With all due respect, he is still the President of the United States and as long as he is in office, he is entitled to all the protection that is his due. History will hopefully record that his tenure of office was probably even illegal. But at this point it is merely conjecture.
But I, along with many Americans and you, agree that he is no hero. He had the nation (and unfortunately Tony Blair as well. His role in this whole fiasco hasn't emerged that clearly either Kind of fishy don't you think?) by the ear, talking of imminent attack by Iraq, and of course the presence of those infamous WMDs. I think a lot of people feel a bit taken in and that's an understatment. But we will all have the opportunity to voice how we feel, when election time rolls around next year. We have been more than patient with the man, and can wait a few months to let him know how we feel. He sure had me fooled for awhile...

Now, there is a good idea. He would not even need a target. What do you mean, it is not a safe area, it is safe enough for him to send other peoples kids over there, don't see his 2 drunken daughters donning uniforms for the cause. It was a publicity stunt, pure and simple, what a hero.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.