Bush

Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Marie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really nice
Smile Re: Bush

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
So any US president that funded Saddam to carry out his torture etc should be charged too ?

Lord above you need to read what really happens before you spout. Or do the media make it up when they claim that US troops are killed weekly in Iraq ? Sounds unstable to most people. How many Iraqi terrorists attacked the US ? NONE

How much Iraqi money funded terrorism ? NIL

No WMD means the war was illegal, as declared by the UN. Just because someone like you thinks bush was right does not mean he was. International law is there for all nations, not just those that can be arsed to follow it this week.

So because our servicemen are being killed over there, that is what has made Iraq unstable? Hardly, it was quite unstable long before we stepped foot there.

As for international law......

That's why the president went to the United Nations.

"I was hoping diplomacy would work. The United Nations looked at the same intelligence we looked at, they remembered the same history we remembered, and by a 15-to- nothing vote in the United Nations Security Council voted to declare to Saddam Hussein, disclose, disarm or face serious consequences. I believe when international bodies speak, they must mean what they say, in order to make the world peaceful"

hmmm what were the international consequences?
(your comment will be, well, no WMDS were found)

"But as he had for over a decade, Saddam Hussein wasn't interested in what the free world said. He ignored this resolution like he ignored resolutions and resolutions and resolutions for the decade before. When the United Nations sent inspectors into the country, he systematically deceived the inspectors. So I'm faced with a choice: Do I forget the lessons of September the 11th, and take the word of a madman, or take action to defend this country? Given that choice, I will defend America every time."

We didn't find the stockpiles that we thought would be there, but Saddam Hussein had the capability of making weapons, and he could have passed that capability on to an enemy. And that was a risk we could not afford to take after September the 11th.

Thank god we got to him, before he did us!

America and the world are safer with Saddam Hussein sitting in a prison cell. period!

Consider the historic gains made by promoting freedom. Under the President's leadership:

Fifty million people have been liberated from despotic, totalitarian regimes in Afghanistan and Iraq.
The terrorist camps in Afghanistan have been destroyed.The Afghan government is conducting its own democratic elections and is an ally in the hunt to bring Al Qaeda terrorists to justice.
Supported by coalition allies, the men and women of our Armed Forces have brought Saddam Hussein- a declared enemy of America and supporter of terrorism who had the capability and a proven willingness to produce and use weapons of mass destruction - to justice. The brutal regime of Saddam Hussein is gone. An interim government is leading the Iraqi people to freedom.
Many in the world seek to use the world's most dangerous weapons against us. The President's national security strategy gives regimes a choice. They can choose to pursue Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) at great peril, cost, and international isolation. Or they can choose to renounce these weapons, take steps to rejoin the international community, and have the help of the United States and the world in creating a better future for their citizens. Libya's Moammar Ghadafi responded to the United States and our allies and surrendered his weapons of mass destruction program. He has provided critical information about how WMD knowledge is being secretly spread to the most dangerous regimes in the world.
Under President Bush's and Prime Minister Blair's leadership, British and U.S. intelligence officers have helped close down and dismantle Pakistani scientist A.Q. Kahn's secret nuclear proliferation network. Additionally, the United States continues to help nations that possess sensitive technologies to institute laws, regulations, and systems that will ensure that such technologies are properly controlled and do not fall into the hands of hostile states or non-state actors. The President is leading the international community in strengthening the capabilities of the International Atomic Energy Agency through adoption of its Additional Protocol as a requirement for the supply of nuclear technology. And President Bush led the creation of the Proliferation Security Initiative, a broad international partnership of more than sixty countries that is interdicting lethal materials in transit. These nations are sharing intelligence information, tracking suspect international cargo, and conducting joint military exercises.

In an era when rogue regimes still seek long-range missiles, the President continues to protect America by pushing forward with missile defense. The Administration is beginning to build a multi-layered missile defense system to protect the American people and our allies, friends, and forces deployed overseas. Later this year, the first components of America's missile defense system will become operational.

I have to assume you will be voting then? As I said, may the best man win. Keep in mind, I haven't said who I was voting for. Just making a few points. I don't care who is elected, the problems we face in our country start right in the homes of the citizens living here.

Have a nice day....
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:44 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice
Default Re: Bush

Originally Posted by Marie723

That's why the president went to the United Nations.

Fifty million people have been liberated from despotic, totalitarian regimes in Afghanistan and Iraq.

An interim government is leading the Iraqi people to freedom.

and have the help of the United States and the world in creating a better future for their citizens.

ok, I'v heard enough...

So we went into Iraq and helped the poor citizens become free from the tyranny of the regime then did we?

Great...so now I assume that you support similar military action in every other country in the world that has a bad (or even questionable) human rights record...

Lets see...

Sudan
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Indonesia
China
Syria
Israel
Thailand

Do you want me to go on?
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

You missed the former Rhodesia, run by a man who revels in the nickname of The Black Hitler.

From day 1 bush was always going to invade Iraq, September 11th was just a excuse to do so, not that Iraq had anything to do with Al Qaeda mind you. Why is it that the war on terrorism is now redefined to the war on anti-American terrorists ? Presumably all those irish terrorists that the US people supported for years did not count as terrorists as they were not bombing the US then ?
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see...Bush has:

increased federal spending on education by 49 percent
Education is a bit of a joke under Bush, it all sounds good, but it doenst' actually work, the problem is its window dressing to hide the real issues at schools, especially in poorer areas like Maine.

Also, he was the want causing a stink about generic drugs in health care, another joke.

As for military funding, the increase didn't go towards fighting gear etc, more window dressing...

As for the war, I think it was a good cause for the wrong reason, otherwise the US would invade Iran, Syria, N. Korea, China etc etc for those reasons you stated...
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:14 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

You missed the former Rhodesia, run by a man who revels in the nickname of The Black Hitler.

From day 1 bush was always going to invade Iraq, September 11th was just a excuse to do so, not that Iraq had anything to do with Al Qaeda mind you. Why is it that the war on terrorism is now redefined to the war on anti-American terrorists ? Presumably all those irish terrorists that the US people supported for years did not count as terrorists as they were not bombing the US then ?
yeah, fascinating how this idiot deals with the problem of terrorsim isn't it...if the UK had done the same 'shock and awe' in Northern Ireland int he 70's and 80's...I wonder how long it would have been before the US made a stand against our heavy handed approach.

and going to the UN?!! What the f*** is this operson on...Bush went to the UN as a gesture of goodwill...he frankly didn't give a flying toss what they actually said, either way, he would have (and did) go to Iraq...by ignoring the UN, he made a fool of himself.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Now it seems definitive that there where no WMD in Iraq.........

well I saw a nice bumper sticker the other day:

"Regime change begins at home".
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:43 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

How much Iraqi money funded terrorism ? NIL
so the $25,000 he offered to the families of palestinian suicide bombers doesn't count?

devils advocate regards.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

America and the world are safer with Saddam Hussein sitting in a prison cell. period!

Yes I've been noticing how safe everything has become. Scores of dead every day, civilians getting bombed, blown up, children dying. daily suicide bombers. All immeasurably more frequent outside Iraq since Bush invaded. Inside Iraq, of course, everyone is living happily ever after - never mind that their country is now going to be in a state of civil war for the next 20 years at least.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to give the Republican's, right wingers a chance here and now the chance to name 1 good thing to come out of the current president's administration.

1. Tax Cuts.
so what, economy still in the toilet

2. Medicare drugs bill
drugs companies have put their prices up 3%+ since December 2003

3. War in Afghanistan
Osama bin forgotten, Taliban still holds a lot of the country

4. War in Iraq
Where do you start, WMD, rejoicing in the streets, Abu Ghraib,

5. Gay Marriage
maybe we should just stone the queers in public? Cheney makes me laugh, let's leave it to the States to decide, we my marraige is valid all over the world, why should anyone elses be different?

6. Health Care
It is estimates it would cost Kerry the best part of 1.5 trillion to even begin implementing some sort of NHS.........
well the tax cuts cost $400 basically per person times 200,000,000 taxpayers is $80,000,000,000, care to add the amount of money we've spent on the chaos in Iraq and you're gonna come mighty close to having health care for all.

Yet the country is still so far in debt it will take more than 8 years of CLintonesque economic policies to sort out.

so go on then, name me one good thing to come out of the Bush regime
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
tap tap tap hello? hello? tap tap tap. Is this thing on?

I do hope you're not holding your breath Manc.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe...not a fan then
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:16 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Bob
Hehe...not a fan then
there is nothing wrong with moderate conservative principles, The country was founded on these and has come a long way in 225 years.

Unfortunately Bush is on the Joseph Goebbels side of moderate conservatism.

Last edited by Manc; Sep 17th 2004 at 4:19 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:25 pm

there is nothing wrong with moderate conservative principles, The country was founded on these and has come a long way in 225 years.

Except Goebbels was a better public speaker. :scared:
Old Sep 17th 2004, 5:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Hehe...yeah, I agree with you....
but at least Goebbels is a more amusing name...well actually that's also debatable ain't it..
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

whitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to allwhitesnake is a name known to all

Didn't Clinton bombed Iraq to escape impeachment.....Now Bush want to be president 4 more years because we're at war........ "Wag the Dog" movie anyone???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.