Bush

Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush

Originally Posted by whitesnake
Didn't Clinton bombed Iraq to escape impeachment.....Now Bush want to be president 4 more years because we're at war........ "Wag the Dog" movie anyone???
probably, Clinton never claimed to be a 'war president' though while doing it.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 4:04 am
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point

Frankly I couldn't vote for anyone who has such a moralistic religious background as Bush. If he gets his way he will stop abortion in the US altogether and send the country back into the back street abortionist, women dying in droves days...

I know the war in Iraq is a serious topic (which he seems to have messed up in typical American Gung-Ho style) but look at the home issues. If this religious nut manages to outlaw abortion on a moral issue, the USA will become like another 3rd world country, with women having no rights over their own bodies. Pro-lifers are entitled to their beliefs but they should have no right to dictate their opinions to everyone else.

Kerry is not much better but I would rather have him than Bush. I am just grateful that I don't have a vote so I don't have to chose between Mr. Moralistic Right Wing Christian and Mr. Not So Pushy Catholic...

I can't even imagine religion coming into politics in the UK.

Emm.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Too be honest, I am not impressed with Bush or Kerry.

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
I have looked long and hard and have been unable to find anything positive that Bush has actually done to elicit such devotion from his supporters . I am genuinely perplexed as to why such obviously intelligent , well-read people still support him and welcome your input on this topic .

I dont want this to just turn into a Kerry hate-fest , though of course your opinions on Kerry are welcome too , so long as you provide supportable facts to demonstrate what Bush has done to improve the lot of his fellow countryman or even the World's populace at large .
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:32 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Bush

Originally Posted by Manc
so go on then, name me one good thing to come out of the Bush regime
Well, let's see...

President Bush has partnered with industry lobbyists to begin a vast rollback of Clean Air Act protections. His so-called "Clear Skies" initiative will result in higher pollution levels while doing nothing to reduce carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that cause global warming. Other Bush proposals create special loopholes to help corporate polluters continue to pollute the air in violation of the Clean Air Act.

President Bush has worked systematically to undermine the Clean Water Act and other programs that protect America's drinking water and water resources. The Bush Administration's unraveling of these protections will result in reduced treatment requirements for sewage, the destruction of vast amounts of wetlands, increased pollution in the waterways and decreased enforcement of laws prohibiting pollution.

Instead of taking action to curb global warming pollution, the Bush Administration suppresses science and distorts economics. Playing to his coal, oil, and auto industry constituents, President Bush rejects the scientific consensus articulated by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (a scientific body created by the first President Bush) and the National Academy of Sciences (in a report requested by the current President himself). Instead, the President follows his pollster's advice to exaggerate uncertainties and call for years more study. And even after the electric power industry pledged to increase its carbon pollution even faster than the Department of Energy projected, President Bush calls for total reliance on voluntary industry measures. The White House routinely withholds scientific and economic findings from the public and Congress, even suppressing and censoring reports by its own government agencies.

The Superfund law, passed in 1980 requires corporate polluters to pay for their own toxic waste clean-up. It has been allowed to expire under the Bush administration. Instead of ensuring its continued operation by reinstating the corporate tax payments, President Bush is shifting toxic waste cleanup costs to the taxpaying public. As a result, the Administration has reduced cleanup resources by one-third to date. Bush has also cut by half the rate of site cleanups, and intends to slow the process even further.

EPA enforcement agents pursue some of the nation's worst polluters, those who defy environmental controls and recklessly harm the air, water and land. Yet the Bush Administration has taken the environmental cop off the beat by diverting funds from EPA's core mission, mismanaging limited resources, and sending a signal to polluters that enforcement is not a priority.

The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is one of the last pristine ecosystems in North America and has often been referred to as "America's Serengeti" due to its profusion of wildlife. The Arctic is home to caribou, polar bears, musk oxen, grizzly bears, wolves, and over one hundred species of migratory birds. Under the guise of national energy policy, the Bush Administration and its big oil allies are targeting this pristine wilderness area for oil exploration and drilling, without regard to either their own scientists' conclusions that development will have a dramatic impact on the Refuge and its abundant wildlife, and despite the fact that sacrificing this unique area would supply at most six months' worth of oil which would not even be available for many years.

Instead of upholding the law by protecting endangered species and their habitats, the Bush Administration has sought sweeping exemptions from the Endangered Species Act, failed to fund endangered species conservation programs that are now grinding to a halt, and consistently favored the interests of the mining, logging, and energy and farming industries. The result is unsound wildlife policy, threatened habitats, and an unprotected future for some of America's most prized natural resources and species, such as ancient forests and grizzly bear and salmon populations.

Since his first day in office, President Bush has worked to weaken environmental protections on our public lands. Under his direction, the Departments of Agriculture and the Interior have made decisions to roll back decades of an American land ethic dating back to Republican President Theodore Roosevelt. The Bush Administration's assault has eroded long-standing protections for public lands, leaving them vulnerable to unrestrained mining, oil and gas drilling, logging, road building, and other commercial activities.

Oh.... sorry, I missed the word good in that sentence. Can't help you there I'm afraid.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 12:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veryfunny
Too be honest, I am not impressed with Bush or Kerry.
Aye, but ya gotta choose someone, and by default, Kerry ain't Bush....
Old Sep 18th 2004, 12:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Well, let's see...

Oh.... sorry, I missed the word good in that sentence. Can't help you there I'm afraid.
Hmmmm....aye, you got it
Old Sep 18th 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Nader!

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, but ya gotta choose someone, and by default, Kerry ain't Bush....
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:02 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Nader!
not even on the Green ticket this year and like on less than half of the ballots. (23 states I think)

vote for Nader and it's a vote for Bush because it will be one less for Kerry.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:04 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Well, let's see...

President Bush has partnered with industry lobbyists to begin a vast rollback of Clean Air Act protections. His so-called "Clear Skies" initiative will result in higher pollution levels while doing nothing to reduce carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that cause global warming. Other Bush proposals create special loopholes to help corporate polluters continue to pollute the air in violation of the Clean Air Act.

President Bush has worked systematically to undermine the Clean Water Act and other programs that protect America's drinking water and water resources. The Bush Administration's unraveling of these protections will result in reduced treatment requirements for sewage, the destruction of vast amounts of wetlands, increased pollution in the waterways and decreased enforcement of laws prohibiting pollution.

Instead of taking action to curb global warming pollution, the Bush Administration suppresses science and distorts economics. Playing to his coal, oil, and auto industry constituents, President Bush rejects the scientific consensus articulated by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (a scientific body created by the first President Bush) and the National Academy of Sciences (in a report requested by the current President himself). Instead, the President follows his pollster's advice to exaggerate uncertainties and call for years more study. And even after the electric power industry pledged to increase its carbon pollution even faster than the Department of Energy projected, President Bush calls for total reliance on voluntary industry measures. The White House routinely withholds scientific and economic findings from the public and Congress, even suppressing and censoring reports by its own government agencies.

The Superfund law, passed in 1980 requires corporate polluters to pay for their own toxic waste clean-up. It has been allowed to expire under the Bush administration. Instead of ensuring its continued operation by reinstating the corporate tax payments, President Bush is shifting toxic waste cleanup costs to the taxpaying public. As a result, the Administration has reduced cleanup resources by one-third to date. Bush has also cut by half the rate of site cleanups, and intends to slow the process even further.

EPA enforcement agents pursue some of the nation's worst polluters, those who defy environmental controls and recklessly harm the air, water and land. Yet the Bush Administration has taken the environmental cop off the beat by diverting funds from EPA's core mission, mismanaging limited resources, and sending a signal to polluters that enforcement is not a priority.

The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is one of the last pristine ecosystems in North America and has often been referred to as "America's Serengeti" due to its profusion of wildlife. The Arctic is home to caribou, polar bears, musk oxen, grizzly bears, wolves, and over one hundred species of migratory birds. Under the guise of national energy policy, the Bush Administration and its big oil allies are targeting this pristine wilderness area for oil exploration and drilling, without regard to either their own scientists' conclusions that development will have a dramatic impact on the Refuge and its abundant wildlife, and despite the fact that sacrificing this unique area would supply at most six months' worth of oil which would not even be available for many years.

Instead of upholding the law by protecting endangered species and their habitats, the Bush Administration has sought sweeping exemptions from the Endangered Species Act, failed to fund endangered species conservation programs that are now grinding to a halt, and consistently favored the interests of the mining, logging, and energy and farming industries. The result is unsound wildlife policy, threatened habitats, and an unprotected future for some of America's most prized natural resources and species, such as ancient forests and grizzly bear and salmon populations.

Since his first day in office, President Bush has worked to weaken environmental protections on our public lands. Under his direction, the Departments of Agriculture and the Interior have made decisions to roll back decades of an American land ethic dating back to Republican President Theodore Roosevelt. The Bush Administration's assault has eroded long-standing protections for public lands, leaving them vulnerable to unrestrained mining, oil and gas drilling, logging, road building, and other commercial activities.

I'm not an environmentalist I'm afraid, but your essay just adds credence to the case to rid the USA of this awful administration.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh well, I guess I better not bother then.

not even on the Green ticket this year and like on less than half of the ballots. (23 states I think)

vote for Nader and it's a vote for Bush because it will be one less for Kerry.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:07 pm
@matthewb76

I'm not gonna bother voting either.
although the INS would be pissed off if I did.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Nader!
another wasted vote, like voting lib dems or green party
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I'm not gonna bother voting either.
although the INS would be pissed off if I did.
So you could?
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:29 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Bob
So you could?
cannot vote in federal elections if you are not a citizen. You are allowed to vote in some local and state elcetions as an LPR if the rules state you can.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

You are allowed to vote in some local and state elcetions as an LPR if the rules state you can.
Didn't realise you could vote on some local stuff as a lpr....something to look into I guess, but as i'm still in process, might not bother for a while

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.