Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bud - White trash, Bud lite - okay???

Bud - White trash, Bud lite - okay???

Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bud - White trash, Bud lite - okay???

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Which makes me piss myself laughing. What, did they run out of other lagers to try?

About ten years ago Carling Black Label, made in Canada, was a fashionable beer in Toronto. In the US we considered it on par with Busch -- the cheapest sh*t you could buy to get the job done.
I know. One of my UK mates said to me I must love it in the US since I can drink as much cheap Bud as I want now....
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:09 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I know. One of my UK mates said to me I must love it in the US since I can drink as much cheap Bud as I want now....
I'm sure they make it differently for the UK market, though. It tasted almost decent back over there, from what I vaguely remember.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
I'm sure they make it differently for the UK market, though. It tasted almost decent back over there, from what I vaguely remember.
Probably no high fructose corn syrup.

According the the Budweiser site UK bud is brewed in the UK so will use UK water, hops and malts.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:57 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rather partial to Black & Blues myself - Guinness and Blue Moon - but it's difficult to find places that serve both on tap.
THATS an interesting combo

go well with an irish car bomb

(pint of guiness with a jamesons in it, dunk a shot galss of baileys in and down in one!!!)
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:59 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Actually, I've noticed that some of the disaffected twentysomething hipsters out here are also drinking Pabst. I think that it may be a retro trend, though, I wouldn't expect it to last. (Did this acquire hipness factor from a film or something?)
well I think they need to come to terms with themselves

PBR actually has less taste than budlite, despite not being a lite beer

it is cheap, but half the people i se swanning around with it are lawyers!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:08 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought Bass and Guinness were used to make a Black & Tan. Harp & Guinness would produce a Half 'n' Half.
Bass is the usual, of course, but I've had the occasional place use Harp in place of Bass. (Now that I think about it, they may not have had Bass on tap.)

The worst one I had was in a jazz club that had only bottled Guinness. There really is no reason to drink Guinness from a bottle in the first place, but trying to make a black-and-tan from the stuff creates a vile mess. I'm really surprised that the bartender had the courage to serve it. (Of course, I had to tip him...)
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:12 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
well I think they need to come to terms with themselves

PBR actually has less taste than budlite, despite not being a lite beer

it is cheap, but half the people i se swanning around with it are lawyers!
There's a hipster bar in West LA that, alongside the martinis, includes a Pabst/ cigarette combination on the menu. (No, they don't serve the beer with the cigarette in it, but it would probably have more flavor if they did.)

Last edited by RoadWarriorFromLP; Oct 19th 2005 at 9:16 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:50 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

same here

only downside is that its difficult to drive my manual car home from the pub after 10 beers wearing flip flops - the clutch is a bugger
I echo that comment!! It's the panic on the when you release the clutch and your flip flop is bent in half :scared:
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:54 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
There's a hipster bar in West LA that, alongside the martinis, includes a Pabst/ cigarette combination on the menu. (No, they don't serve the beer with the cigarette in it, but it would probably have more flavor if they did.)
That'll be a 'Dean Martin' then (honestly)
Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:10 pm
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
I echo that comment!! It's the panic on the when you release the clutch and your flip flop is bent in half :scared:

yup! you've hit the nail on the head

thats why i tend to takes the wife's shitbox with an automatic out when wearing flip flops and drinking sherberts - makes life a lot less hairy!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:05 am
Sarah's Hubby

jjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I hope they were joking. I'll be in England for a couple of weeks around Christmas and am planning a daily beer consumption itinerary. Can't wait. The focus this trip will be those delicious cask conditioned ales.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:16 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

THATS an interesting combo

go well with an irish car bomb

(pint of guiness with a jamesons in it, dunk a shot galss of baileys in and down in one!!!)
Oh gosh, brought back memories. A work buddy of mine passed out stone cold after downing one of these years ago....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jjw152
I hope they were joking. I'll be in England for a couple of weeks around Christmas and am planning a daily beer consumption itinerary. Can't wait. The focus this trip will be those delicious cask conditioned ales.
They were sadly serious. Any chance you could drop a couple of kegs off at Florida on your way back?
Old Oct 20th 2005, 5:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia

Whats the beef with trainers? I used to wear them all the time to go down my local why on earth would you get dressed up to have a pint with a couple of mates?
around here, most wear trainers...back home in blighty, try getting into a pub in the city centre with a pair of trainers and well, you wouldn't.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 5:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

only downside is that its difficult to drive my manual car home from the pub after 10 beers wearing flip flops - the clutch is a bugger
my brother would agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.