Wikiposts

B'stards...

Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:26 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B'stards...

Originally posted by JerseyBoy
Now that's strange, cos I do too. Thought it was age, but I'm still a lunatic on the roads in England.
Maybe its something they put in the water....sort of the driving equivalent of Bromide....whatever it is, its not good for fish...after my kids 5th or 6th fish died the nice lady at the petshop asked what sort of water we were using..err tapwater....oooh no, fish can't live in that...got to used bottled water. Err, fizzy or still?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 5:36 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B'stards...

Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
Maybe its something they put in the water....sort of the driving equivalent of Bromide....whatever it is, its not good for fish...after my kids 5th or 6th fish died the nice lady at the petshop asked what sort of water we were using..err tapwater....oooh no, fish can't live in that...got to used bottled water. Err, fizzy or still?

I had that problem too with my tropical fish everyone of them buggers snuffed it!...

That little project soon went out the window, there's no way I'm topping up the fish tank with a gallon of ozanka every bloody week!...
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:14 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, well we're going the bottled water way unfortunately...we were using the fish to teach our 2 year old to count and he was getting right confused when I kept flushing them down the loo!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Taffyles
....... When the US did comparative studies a few years back, it was found that the accident rates were much higher in the US than Europe despite having lower speed limits. ....
Exactly! On the German autobahns good driving, and lane discipline, are necessary otherwise you are likely to get a Porsche up the @rse at 160mph!

On the other hand Americans think that while driving they can use their phone, dine on monster burgers, smoke, and read the newspaper (and sometimes all at the same time) while they are doing a "safe" 55mph on the interstate!

I fear that nobody will ever persuade Americans that driving a tin box at high speed is quite enough of a task that it should be done with the minimum of additional distractions.
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
Exactly! On the German autobahns good driving, and lane discipline, are necessary otherwise you are likely to get a Porsche up the @rse at 160mph!

On the other hand Americans think that while driving they can use their phone, dine on monster burgers, smoke, and read the newspaper (and sometimes all at the same time) while they are doing a "safe" 55mph on the interstate!

I fear that nobody will ever persuade Americans that driving a tin box at high speed is quite enough of a task that it should be done with the minimum of additional distractions.

Its the ones who shave or put on make-up or watch TV on their visor screens in the morning commute who worry me most- cruise control can be lethal in some hands:scared:
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

BritSteve99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I find that driving in the US is much calmer than in the UK, drivers take their time and there is less 'dog eat dog' attitude on the roads, though perhaps not in NJ, but it is the case here in NC.

I can't wait for more of the red light cameras to be installed, I have been scared witless by too many red light jumpers who flash in front of me as I pull away at a green light.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 3:55 am
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BritSteve99
I find that driving in the US is much calmer than in the UK, drivers take their time and there is less 'dog eat dog' attitude on the roads, though perhaps not in NJ, but it is the case here in NC.
People tell me that NJ driving is among the worst in the States (the insurance is officially the highest at average $1179 / per person) but it's still calmer than the UK. Indiana, where I've also spent time was amazing - people just let you in, no traffic to speak of. Really friendly people as well - even some running water in places
Old Sep 30th 2003, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree the Jersey driving is calmer, but its not better, ive come across some of the worst driving ive ever seen here!

The insurance is supposedly high here due to everyone sueing everyone else, there is not supposed to be high number of accidents they just cost the insurance companies a lot.

I work with a guy who is being sued because his wife was driving his car, a lady drove into her (not his wifes fault). The passenger in that car was injured and is sueing him purley because he owns the car that was hit and he has nothing what so ever to do with the actual accident!!! Madness.

This is apparently common place here!?