Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BritWeek 2008 in CA

BritWeek 2008 in CA

Old May 3rd 2008, 11:39 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BritWeek 2008 in CA

Originally Posted by britvic
You can get most British food stuff's and frequent British Pub's, nice weather and not far from the beach, oh sod the cost of housing I want to live there
Load up the old woody, put the surfboard on the roof rack and jump on the I-10. Keep driving until you see the Pacific. You'll always get a job here.

Old May 3rd 2008, 11:40 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I'm going for a visit there next week......
Your round at Ye Olde King's Head
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Load up the old woody, put the surfboard on the roof rack and jump on the I-10. Keep driving until you see the Pacific. You'll always get a job here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-wI6uAOHzvo
I wish
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Your round at Ye Olde King's Head

Maybe.....but I don't think we will be in Santa Monica this time. Our girly has moved
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going for a visit there next week......
Lucky you, are you driving round posing on your Bikes I bloody well would if I had one
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you, are you driving round posing on your Bikes I bloody well would if I had one

No, we don't have enough time to ride there from Texas and have time to spend with our daughter so we are flying out. The old man would love to ride that far, so maybe one day

I do love to visit though, just wish we were younger then we would up-sticks and move but we have to be a little bit sensible now and think about work and pensions etc so we make do with our little trips each year instead.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, we don't have enough time to ride there from Texas and have time to spend with our daughter so we are flying out. The old man would love to ride that far, so maybe one day

I do love to visit though, just wish we were younger then we would up-sticks and move but we have to be a little bit sensible now and think about work and pensions etc so we make do with our little trips each year instead.
Well that's cool you get to go each year, enjoy dear Lady and dont forget the photo's
Old May 4th 2008, 12:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You can get most British food stuff's and frequent British Pub's, nice weather and not far from the beach, oh sod the cost of housing I want to live there
I wouldn't say no to a move to the west coast.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:04 am
Banned

Maybe.....but I don't think we will be in Santa Monica this time. Our girly has moved
That's a no then. I know you'll be too busy hanging out with the Harley crowd and I'm not cool enough.
If you ever do come on your bikes you should check out Neptune's Net on PCH past Malibu near Ventura. Always loads of bikers there

http://www.neptunesnetseafood.com/?11dd9ac0

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; May 4th 2008 at 12:15 am.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I wouldn't say no to a move to the west coast.
I'd be quite happy to just live in your pool house then, have a word with your OH
Old May 4th 2008, 12:14 am
Banned

By the way this is not the first time something like this has been done in LA. Back in 1988 The Duke and Duchess of York ( Andy and Fergie) opened UK/LA. In my office I actually have a framed poster from the event, which is a collage of famous LA and UK landmarks, given to me by a good friend who passed away last year

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...50C0A96E948260

Showing my age here as it's 20 years ago. I was young and fresh in LA
Old May 4th 2008, 12:30 am
Account Closed

That's a no then. I know you'll be too busy hanging out with the Harley crowd and I'm not cool enough.
If you ever do come on your bikes you should check out Neptune's Net on PCH past Malibu near Ventura. Always loads of bikers there

http://www.neptunesnetseafood.com/?11dd9ac0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1232/...e83b9b.jpg?v=0
HARLEY crowd You have to be joking, our bike is a real bike not a posers bike I'll have you know.

Old May 4th 2008, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HARLEY crowd You have to be joking, our bike is a real bike not a posers bike I'll have you know.

I was thinking that being as your OH is an Englishman
Old May 4th 2008, 12:58 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's horrible here. I've just got in after playing soccer this morning with a bunch of South Americans. I drove up PCH in my convertible this morning and looked at the dolphins and surfers in the Pacific Ocean just down from Malibu after my game.
I am now typing this 1/4 of a mile from white sandy beaches in the comfort of mid 70's temps. Terrible place, absolutely awful. I don't recommend it to you at all. Not sure why the British consulate would choose such a stupid venue to hold a mini festival
Well, it sounds like it suits you just fine then.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:01 am
Banned

All I know is I hate the noisy ones. I'm usually driving along in my convertible enjoying the sun and a few tunes................... then some fat bastards come along with super loud mufflers on their bikes that are just obnoxiously loud. WTF is that all about, it would drive me mad to be on something that loud for a long drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.