Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brits urged to avoid travel to Ft. Myers, FL

Wikiposts

Brits urged to avoid travel to Ft. Myers, FL

Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits urged to avoid travel to Ft. Myers, FL

Originally Posted by Ray
Well done ..totally blank email ......
Maybe its 'cos that horrid hood is covering your eyes.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:37 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Shut it........ trollop............
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Shut it........ trollop............
WOW that was quick, have you already got all my replies typed out today?
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
WOW that was quick, have you already got all my replies typed out today?
Your avatar is irritating me .. change it ....
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
Your avatar is irritating me .. change it ....
How rude of me, morning Ray.

My avatar is my one and only, but if you object to it so strongly I will remove it.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:50 am
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

"Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,

Whose breath gives life to all the world.

Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom.

Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.

Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice

Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.

Help me to remain calm and strong in the face of all that comes towards me.

Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock.

Help me seek pure thoughts and act with the intention of helping others.

Help me find compassion without empathy overwhelming me.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy

Myself.

Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.

So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:56 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Whats all this here then?
Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:58 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Whats all this here then?
If you find out let me know
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thydney
If you find out let me know
I will. Sounds kinda freaky though.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 10:55 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Just came across this on Yahoo! News and thought since many of you live in Florida, you might find this amusing:

Brits Urged to Avoid Travel to Fla Town

FORT MYERS, Fla. - School officials in southwest Florida said terrorism concerns led them to keep a high school band from marching in a London parade, but now angry British officials are telling travelers that Fort Myers is no safe haven, either.

~ Jenney
I got another 5 seconds of fame this afternoon, going on air on the NPR phone in to suggest that James Browder should get out into the world and broaden his own experience.

The vast majority of the callers were opposed to Mr Browder's bizarre stance and the parents are trying to find another way to get their kids to the parade.

So far, Browder has refused to alter his view.

Regards from Fort Myers...........
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I got another 5 seconds of fame this afternoon, going on air on the NPR phone in to suggest that James Browder should get out into the world and broaden his own experience.

The vast majority of the callers were opposed to Mr Browder's bizarre stance and the parents are trying to find another way to get their kids to the parade.

So far, Browder has refused to alter his view.

Regards from Fort Myers...........
Karma sent for trying. When's he up for re-election?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:26 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rompers
Karma sent for trying. When's he up for re-election?
I was listening to NPR again on the way to work this morning. They used my sound bite at the end a collage of calls, all condeming Browder's point of view. That means I now have 10 seconds of fame

Browder himself is now refusing to discuss the matter and has "moved on to other issues".

Chickenshit-son-of-a-bitch needs to look for a new job come election time I suspect. I presume his is an elected position.

The parents are looking to organise the trip themselves, good for them.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I was listening to NPR again on the way to work this morning. They used my sound bite at the end a collage of calls, all condeming Browder's point of view. That means I now have 10 seconds of fame

Browder himself is now refusing to discuss the matter and has "moved on to other issues".

Chickenshit-son-of-a-bitch needs to look for a new job come election time I suspect. I presume his is an elected position.

The parents are looking to organise the trip themselves, good for them.
It's time to start emailing him then.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=TRPardoe]Browder himself is now refusing to discuss the matter and has "moved on to other issues". QUOTE]

The other issue no doubt being trying to get his foot out of his mouth in time for election day. (School superintendent is an elected position in SC, I imagine it's the same in Florida)