Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Weather

Wikiposts

British Weather

Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

rubixtious will become famous soon enoughrubixtious will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DRIVING LICENCE

Originally Posted by Caroline1966
Thanks thats good news no my company will not be supplying a car I get an allowance, will lease one to get us started as having a car seems a must in Naperville. On a different note is the Electric etc more expensive and does everybody pay when the bills arrive as I have been told that they do not do the direct debit thing!

Thanks ( I will explain the caroline/elizabeth thing another time)
I would definately ask your company to assist in getting a car. Depending on if you see yourself in the US past your visa timeline, i would suggest getting yourself on the 'credit' road as soon as you get here.

I have had a good experience with wells fargo who provide my checking account and credit card (secured). You can pay your bills via 'bill pay' which is an advanced version on direct debit in that you can see you bill online and pay online through your bank account. You can also just call up your electricity company and give them your bank details and they debit your account. All very easy in my experience.

Leasing vs Buying a car would again depend on your view for your future here. I would definately try to get your company to pull some strings and arrange financing for you (to build your credit score) if you wish to buy.

There are some great posts on this site on every topic you could imagine, it is a great resource.