British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   British TV or too good to be true ??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/british-tv-too-good-true-411229/)

BigDavyG Dec 1st 2006 2:26 pm

British TV or too good to be true ???

OK, this is not spam. A mate back home bought this last night to watch footie on - anyone heard of it. He says its very good.
Anyone heard of or better still tried anything similar ??

==> PC Satellite TV Elite <==

This is our review of PC Satellite TV Elite based on our criteria:

Number and Variety of Channels -

They offer 3000+ stations to choose from. You will never run out of channels to watch once you have this! They have channels of all variety: Sports, News, Movies, Music, Weather, Kids Channels, Educational, Shopping and even radio stations! Many of them are premium channels.

Picture Definition and Quality -

Over 99% of the channels are Crystal Clear with high definition quality while a few of them (they are mostly in foreign languages) may be slightly lacking. Viewing is continuous with no breaks or sync problems. We even dug out our old 56k modem and plugged it in to try and it played just fine.

anotherlimey Dec 1st 2006 2:42 pm

Re: British TV or too good to be true ???

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
OK, this is not spam. A mate back home bought this last night to watch footie on - anyone heard of it. He says its very good.

The description sounds fishy; how does it work exactly?

They're [sports associations] cracking down on illegal sites streaming sports online; not sure if this particular device is illegal or not.

BigDavyG Dec 1st 2006 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
The description sounds fishy; how does it work exactly?

They're [sports associations] cracking down on illegal sites streaming sports online; not sure if this particular device is illegal or not.

That's what I thought - especially the bit about the 56k modem.
I will check it out when I am home in a few weeks and post back here if it is actually any good. My friend has gone home for the day now so can;t get any specifics on how it actually works.

Personally I'm not that concerned about the legality - at a guess it has to be illegal as many of the channels are bound to require a subscription fee, but its no worse than using limewire or kazza.

Could be useful for sports such as rugby which are harder to see over here as well as tv progs though obviously the time delay might get in the way of that.

Longy Dec 1st 2006 3:38 pm

I am guessing your quote there was not from your mate? It sounds like the marketing spiel.

Would say this is almost certainly just a load of links to already free internet streams.

Bob Dec 1st 2006 4:36 pm

sounds fishy, especially if you have to pay for it...

BigDavyG Dec 1st 2006 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Longy
I am guessing your quote there was not from your mate? It sounds like the marketing spiel.

Would say this is almost certainly just a load of links to already free internet streams.

The quote isn't - but he used it last night and said it was very good.
He intends to watch some footie tomorrow on FSC - will speak to him on Monday to see how he got on.

Rushman Dec 1st 2006 8:29 pm

Oh super....hopefully I'll be able to watch Praise on Sunday, Highway and heartbeat again. Oh goodie!! Thanks you for making me aware of this and have an amazing weekend.

SamuearlJackson Dec 2nd 2006 3:33 am

here is a reviews from here:
http://www.softplatz.com/Info/Satellite-TV-for-PC.html

Review by Mitch: I bought this program and am disgusted. It's hard to say how many channels there are, but it isn't 3,000 or more. A lot of christian stuff. Some channels want me to pay, yet the software says it doesn't. And they won't give me my money back. (1/5 - 8-Sep-2006)

sounds great...