Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

british tv set in usa

british tv set in usa

Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british tv set in usa

Originally Posted by ian-c
what is an h1b ?

A work visa which is what you need to come here and live and work legally. Your occupy does not allow you to use an L visa so that is out.

Young man, I know you have dreams, and I would like to see you achieve them, but it is not as easy as you think it is to immigrate to the US.

I strongly suggest you read the Pulaski's Guide to immigrating to the US. It is at the start of this forum.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

ian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to all

thanks .
ill make more coffee then sit and read that .....
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:54 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

thanks .
ill make more coffee then sit and read that .....
all you need to read up on is I-129 and I-130............ + I-485 and I-765 and I-131.........and whats the affidavit thing again... I-864?

Last edited by Elvira; Oct 7th 2007 at 7:07 pm. Reason: AOS is I-485... :)
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

ian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to all

thanks , better make a pot then
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like to take my tv with me , as i will have lost a lot of money if i have to sell it and buy another in usa .

can it be made to work in usa ??
In a short sentence. NO.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Do you think we might have a troll here?

"I'm a pipe fitter/welder and I want to work in the US"

followed immediately by:

"I want to use my UK TV in the US"

It's just too good to be true.

What next? Probably berating us for being so insensitive to a newbie, while asking for advice on how to work in the US "cash in hand" or perhaps a tirade about how the illegals have it easier than poor, honest, law-abiding white folk who just want to escape all these bloody darkies that are flooding English shores.
good here ain't it.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

My Bush LCD HD Freeview (don't know the model number) TV works just fine plugged into a step up transformer and british gangway (along with UK multiregion dvd player and cd player) but is connected to a US cable box to get the signal.

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here
In a short sentence. NO.
Or a slightly longer sentence - YES!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:45 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

what is an h1b ?
Its a type of pencil
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:16 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

mine cost 5300 , hardly used as i travel , and on ebay worth about 1500

so i lose .

then i have to make up the difference again to buy another new one in the usa

so i lose double !!

there must be a way to make it work ??
Don't move to the USA and then you won't have to worry about losing money on selling this beloved TV...
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Its a type of pencil
Or as you will find in America they're a #2

Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:24 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Don't move to the USA and then you won't have to worry about losing money on selling this beloved TV...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...76&postcount=1

Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

thanks for all the help .
in moderation
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big D
Or a slightly longer sentence - YES!

im getting a mixed response to this , both here and by the manufacturers/agents .

so if its secam , i just need a step-up transformer ?

i'm not saying it is secam , i'm not at home to check
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:02 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God !!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.