British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   British TV Program - Cutting It (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/british-tv-program-cutting-312545/)

mandpete Jul 6th 2005 11:37 pm

British TV Program - Cutting It

"....And it's very, very good (once you get used to the Manchester accents which, in some cases, is as much like English as Chinese)........" - NY Post

I have been asked whether I am Irish, Scottish, Swiss or Australian but never once has anyone commented that my Manchester Accent sounds Chinese. LOL.

It is on tonight at 9.00pm EST on WE (womens channel). It is about a hairdressers set in Manchester and has received a brilliant review in the Post. Even though Amanda Holden is in it I think I'll watch it.

anotherlimey Jul 6th 2005 11:45 pm

Re: British TV Program - Cutting It

Originally Posted by mandpete
"....And it's very, very good (once you get used to the Manchester accents which, in some cases, is as much like English as Chinese)........" - NY Post

I have been asked whether I am Irish, Scottish, Swiss or Australian but never once has anyone commented that my Manchester Accent sounds Chinese. LOL.

It is on tonight at 9.00pm EST on WE (womens channel). It is about a hairdressers set in Manchester and has received a brilliant review in the Post. Even though Amanda Holden is in it I think I'll watch it.

I think that's pretty old, I remember the first series in .. what 2002/03?

mandpete Jul 6th 2005 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

Old or not if it's british and funny I'll be watching it seeing as though there is nothing else worth watching tonight.

We moved over here in 2002 so never got to see it in the UK.

sibsie Jul 6th 2005 11:50 pm

At least that. I was living back home when it was first one and I haven't lived in England for three years.

bored-silly Jul 6th 2005 11:51 pm

It's full of slappers! :D

anotherlimey Jul 6th 2005 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by bored-silly

Amanda Hold-on? She's alright.

ImHere Jul 6th 2005 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by bored-silly

And the problem is...?

bored-silly Jul 7th 2005 12:04 am

Amanda Hold-on? She's alright.

Amanda Holdenkiss. Just don't like the bird.

snorkmaiden Jul 7th 2005 12:23 am

It's got a couple of sexy blokes in it as well :D Series four is just coming to an end in the UK and is available on the site we all know and love ;)

For those of you who enjoy it, have multi-region dvd players, and can't wait to watch the rest, series one, two and three are available on DVD from the UK.

Duncan Roberts Jul 7th 2005 12:40 am

It's old, and bad. Not funny at all, and I pretty much like anything that is even slightly funny.

anotherlimey Jul 7th 2005 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
...Not funny at all, and I pretty much like anything that is even slightly funny.

I thought it was a drama? :confused:

woodsey Jul 7th 2005 1:05 am

omg, its my favourite ever programme, I'm so pleased...thankyou.

woodsey Jul 7th 2005 1:18 am

Old or not if it's british and funny I'll be watching it seeing as though there is nothing else worth watching tonight.

We moved over here in 2002 so never got to see it in the UK.

most definitely worth watching, you'll get hooked though, I hope they continue to show the next series, the end of series 2 was fabulous, I cried about it for weeks... :o

sibsie Jul 7th 2005 1:56 am

Mr Sibsie's away so I'm watching it and having a cup of M&S tea and Marmite on toast. Happy days!

mandpete Jul 7th 2005 3:18 am

I have just finished watching 2 hours of Cutting It and really enjoyed it. I nearly turned it off after half an hour but then it got going. Husband went off to watch telly in the other room so I watched it on my own, definitely a girly programme.

It was a drama not a comedy but listening to real english accents for 2 hours made me realise how much I miss british telly. It was also great recognising places in Manchester and to see that in nearly every outside scene it was raining. I can't wait to see it for real when we go back to visit at the end of the month.

Well that's my Wednesday night's entertainment sorted for the next couple of weeks.