British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   British Superstore / M&S Product Selection! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/british-superstore-m-s-product-selection-284594/)

Lesley1020 Feb 16th 2005 4:37 am

British Superstore / M&S Product Selection!

Thought this might be of interest to some...

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatal...d_Spencer.html

woodsey Feb 16th 2005 5:04 am

Re: British Superstore / M&S Product Selection!

m & s knickers.........fabulous :)

Lesley1020 Feb 16th 2005 5:13 am

Originally Posted by woodsey
m & s knickers.........fabulous :)

Bras too! :D :D :D

Anyone else tried their Percy Pigs?? (not related to the underwear dept :rolleyes: )

emmals Feb 16th 2005 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
Bras too! :D :D :D

Anyone else tried their Percy Pigs?? (not related to the underwear dept :rolleyes: )

percy pigs mmmmmm! my gran buys them for my little boy....he doesn't like them........well you can guess were they go! :D

NC Penguin Feb 16th 2005 12:59 pm

Am I alone in thinking that M&S is generally overrated, even in the underwear department?

NC Penguin

sibsie Feb 16th 2005 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Am I alone in thinking that M&S is generally overrated, even in the underwear department?

NC Penguin

Yes. :D

I order quite of bit of M&S stuff online. I really miss their food department.

NC Penguin Feb 16th 2005 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by sibsie
Yes. :D

I order quite of bit of M&S stuff online. I really miss their food department.

Have you not tried Waitrose branded foods and drink?...

NC Penguin

sibsie Feb 16th 2005 1:38 pm

Have you not tried Waitrose branded foods and drink?...

I used to shop in Waitrose when I was living in London but nothing came close to M&S ready meals for the single chick.

Pigtails Feb 16th 2005 2:00 pm

NC Penguin

Overrated on everything if you ask me! :rolleyes: I don't get the BFD.

Pimpbot Feb 16th 2005 3:35 pm

Some M&S foods were pretty good, but they were expensive. I use to enjoy their versions of kettle chips. The clothes are all for old geezers.

IMO Waitrose is just the same as M&S. Over priced.

Sarah Feb 16th 2005 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Some M&S foods were pretty good, but they were expensive. I use to enjoy their versions of kettle chips. The clothes are all for old geezers.

IMO Waitrose is just the same as M&S. Over priced.

I went to Waitrose, bought about 5 things and it came to about 50 quid! I nearly cried! Marks and Spencers melton mowbrey pork pies hmmmm
and their chocolate covered brazil nuts and popcorn are so good I can literally eat them until I barf.
As for their knickers and bras, I like them, they've nicked loads of design ideas from Agent Provacteur recently. I haven't really found a store I like in America as much Sears and JC Penney are okay but not as nice to stroll round in. My USC husband got a pack of M&S mens undies for Christmas and now refuses to get his underwear from anywhere else. He has pledged his alligence to all things marks and sparks.

sibsie Feb 16th 2005 6:14 pm

La Senza is over here now. At least it is here in MA. I think it's just as good as Vic's Secrets, in fact it's better and is great quality. Worth a look if you're hankering for M&S undies.

Lesley1020 Feb 16th 2005 8:08 pm

La Senza is over here now. At least it is here in MA. I think it's just as good as Vic's Secrets, in fact it's better and is great quality. Worth a look if you're hankering for M&S undies.

Oooooh! That is great to know - off to check their website now! I LOVE La Senza!!! :D

Lesley1020 Feb 16th 2005 8:10 pm

Also, M&S are doing free shipping right now if you order over 30 quid. Then you can either have your friends/relatives send it on, or use the British Superstore address!!

They have some really cute women's clothes in the Per Una/Limited ranges - they have gotten so more up to date than I remember!!!

sibsie Feb 16th 2005 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
Oooooh! That is great to know - off to check their website now! I LOVE La Senza!!! :D

They have an awesome loyalty prog. It's about $10 to join but you do get loads of money off and end up saving many times that. I sound like an informerical but I really like the place. :)

John Murray Feb 19th 2005 12:45 am

Excellent site Lesley - THANKS :)