Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British shops in USA

British shops in USA

Old Mar 30th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British shops in USA

Originally Posted by Richardowen
Hi,

Just thought it might be nice to share the knowledge of what British shops there are around the US so we can all get our HP Sauce etc.

Does anyone know of any British shops in Austin, TX.

I know of the British Emporium in Fort Worth and I hear they carry back bacon which is why I'm now leaving the house and driving straight there unless anyone knows anything closer !

Rich./
The large Kroger and Tom Thumb usually have a british section for the sauce and tins.

The emporium is a great place - bit pricey though - their bacon is great if you are having withdrawal symptoms - but be warned its pricey and very thin and very watery - beggars cant be choosers though eh?
Old Mar 30th 2007, 3:47 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

There is www.effingpot.com/references.shtml ... lists lots of shops too.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

There is another Brit store on Greenville Ave in Dallas - not sure of the name but along the same lines as the Emporium
Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

britex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lolly
The English Tea Shoppe
6877 Bandera Rd
Leon Valley 78238
[email protected]
also a place in graden ridge that has great fish and chips
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

What is it called ? and where is it ??
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

We had a look around the brand new HEB Plus store in Leander. It's enormous, and I was delighted to find they have a British section. HP sauce, baked beans, soups, chip-shop curry sauce, hobnobs, tinned treacle sponge pudding, yorkie bars, jelly babies... you know, the basic food groups.

In fact, I'm going to have another hobnob right now.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

britex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lolly
What is it called ? and where is it ??
its called bawdsey manor 18771 fm2252 san antonio
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:34 am
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Thanks all...

I'm going on a scouting mission over the next few weeks to check out the Britishness of Austin..... there's gotta be back bacon in this city somewhere !

I really want to drink a pint of bitter out of one of those old man's beer glasses... you know the ones with the "windows" and the handle. The kind that begbie throws in Trainspotting !

Easy
Rich./
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:09 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

A American friend of mine who lives in PA is addicted to Bisto and Maltesers as well as Bird Custard and various other stuff. She will be visiting her parents in Spring Hill, Florida (have no clue where abouts that is) and has asked me if I know of any Brit food stores around that area. Anyone have any ideas? I have sent her a couple of links that were posted to check through.

She fell in love with Maltesers and thought she would have them to herself since her husband and daughter hate Whoppas malt balls. Sadly once they tasted a Malteser she had to share. lolol She is talking about buying a case and hiding them. Right now I am working on convincing her that Hersheys is not the worlds best chocolate.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

sboston2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

In Boston there are 2 large(ish) UK/Irish food stores across the street from each other on Fanuile Street in Watertown. There is also a deli in Harvard Sq (Cambridge) that sells UK sweets and crisps, for magazines and newspapers try Out of Town News also in Harvard sq both are opposite the red line T station. In Davis Sq there is a store/deli that has a good range of UK goods.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:49 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Hey all,

I'm going to San Francisco in May. Anyone know of any British shops there ?

Do you think they'd let me on the plane back to Austin with uncooked meat ?

R./
Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sboston2007
In Boston there are 2 large(ish) UK/Irish food stores across the street from each other on Fanuile Street in Watertown. There is also a deli in Harvard Sq (Cambridge) that sells UK sweets and crisps, for magazines and newspapers try Out of Town News also in Harvard sq both are opposite the red line T station. In Davis Sq there is a store/deli that has a good range of UK goods.
There's one in Peabody too...and then a couple of online stores based out of boston.

so where bouts in Mass are you?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:28 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richardowen
Hey all,

I'm going to San Francisco in May. Anyone know of any British shops there ?

Do you think they'd let me on the plane back to Austin with uncooked meat ?

R./
There are a couple of them.

This one is the better of the two: http://yousaytomato.biz/

This one is a little bit doily and teapot: http://www.britshoppe.com/
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:00 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I was listening to a story on NPR where a company sells *live lobsters* at the airport in the NE somewhere.... anyway, after the "no carry on liquid" ban, they could no longer use ice since it melts. So they started using frozen veg instead (seriously!) to pack the lobster with.

I figure that if you can carry on a live lobster, you could carry on uncooked meat.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:21 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Atlanta

IN Atlanta, you have bombay spices next door to The indian Clay Oven

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...1&om=1&iwloc=B

They sell lots of British Food / Chocolate / Soups and Sauces.

You have Harrys Farmers markets and Whole Food stores in Alpharetta and Duluth (on Pleasant Hill)

You also have the more expensive but more stuff at the British Store in Norcross.

There's quite a few other places too around here.

We should get a GOOGLE Maps links of every place in America that sells *anything* British food wise...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.