Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British shops in USA

British shops in USA

Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:50 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of
Default British shops in USA

Hi,

Just thought it might be nice to share the knowledge of what British shops there are around the US so we can all get our HP Sauce etc.

Does anyone know of any British shops in Austin, TX.

I know of the British Emporium in Fort Worth and I hear they carry back bacon which is why I'm now leaving the house and driving straight there unless anyone knows anything closer !

Rich./
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British shops in USA

Just found this website, lists a bunch of them.

http://www.britsintheus.com/foods.htm
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:55 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richardowen

Does anyone know of any British shops in Austin, TX.

I know of the British Emporium in Fort Worth and I hear they carry back bacon which is why I'm now leaving the house and driving straight there unless anyone knows anything closer !
No such animal in Austin. You can get HP sauce several different places but no one shop that has a good selection.

Take notes on what they have and some representative prices, I may shop there if they aren't too bad!

Went to a British shop in Silly Valley and the prices were then again it was Silly Valley.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:14 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about sauce, but for real British Bacon I shop here
http://www.britishbacon.com/
I usually order 12 pounds every once in a while and stock the freezer - awesome black puddings too
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Im drooling looking at those sites!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

there's a bunch of threads knocking around with various links to various places, I'm to lazy to scout them out though.

okay, here's one...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381597
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:00 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pony
I don't know about sauce, but for real British Bacon I shop here
http://www.britishbacon.com/
I usually order 12 pounds every once in a while and stock the freezer - awesome black puddings too
I make my own lol
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

So far, I think the sites look better than they are. We just ordered $100 or so from Williams (http://www.britishbacon.com/) which was mentioned earlier on this thread and it's perfectly OK, but a long way from proper British sausage and bacon. They order their black pudding from Winstons in Chicago (see http://www.foodireland.com/Merchant2...vc?Screen=SFNT) and we were pretty disappointed, e.g. no fat in there, and the taste rather like Christmas spices. In a way it was better than nothing, but it's expensive when it is such a long way from the real thing.

Anyone had any good experience of black pudding in the USA? We've struggled to find any apart from the Winstons one.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:30 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

There are loads of british food shops listed in BE's links section.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:10 am
Just Joined

mummyof2 has a spectacular aura aboutmummyof2 has a spectacular aura aboutmummyof2 has a spectacular aura about

Hi, Have you tried the Kroger store? I lived in Fort Worth for 3 yrs and used to get some British food there mainly tinned and sauces and chocolate !! Oh and loved the British Emporium too but expensive !!!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

britex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of light

hi y all 2 british shops ion san antonio only 1 hour from austin
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:40 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mummyof2
Hi, Have you tried the Kroger store? I lived in Fort Worth for 3 yrs and used to get some British food there mainly tinned and sauces and chocolate !! Oh and loved the British Emporium too but expensive !!!
I don't think it is fair to say they are expensive. Yes they are expensive compared to the UK. But I find them cheaper against US stores. Baked beans cost around $1 a tin where in Kroger they cost $1.60.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex
hi y all 2 british shops ion san antonio only 1 hour from austin
There is also a British shop / restaurant that does a really good fry up
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:20 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolly
There is also a British shop / restaurant that does a really good fry up
Name and hours of operation please!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

The English Tea Shoppe
6877 Bandera Rd
Leon Valley 78238
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.