Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Schools/Curriculum website?

British Schools/Curriculum website?

Old Jun 11th 2006, 1:11 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Schools/Curriculum website?

A while ago someone posted a link to a website that looked useful as a homeschool tool for keeping kids that are in US schools in synch with the UK curriculum in case of moving back.....(was that a sentence? Think not, but you get the drift....).
I've searched, but I can't find it - ring any bells with anyone?
Cheers
Old Jun 11th 2006, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Schools/Curriculum website?

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
A while ago someone posted a link to a website that looked useful as a homeschool tool for keeping kids that are in US schools in synch with the UK curriculum in case of moving back.....(was that a sentence? Think not, but you get the drift....).
Cheers

So you're thinking of moving back then?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 1:40 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: British Schools/Curriculum website?

Cheers

It might be worthwhile phoning the British School in Houston....they might have some ideas even if you won't be enrolling your children there:

http://www.britishschool.org

What a pity there isn't a school like Tanglin Trust or the United World College of SE Asia over here eh? (Just spent a lovely afternoon with some Aussie expats also ex-Singapore....)
Old Jun 11th 2006, 3:14 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
So you're thinking of moving back then?

Would love to, but not likely to happen in the immediate future.....so want to try to keep the kids a bit up to speed with what they would be doing in the UK
Old Jun 11th 2006, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Englishmum
It might be worthwhile phoning the British School in Houston....they might have some ideas even if you won't be enrolling your children there:

http://www.britishschool.org

What a pity there isn't a school like Tanglin Trust or the United World College of SE Asia over here eh? (Just spent a lovely afternoon with some Aussie expats also ex-Singapore....)

Toyed with the idea of sending the kids there, but hadn't actually thought of asking them the question ref the website....will give them a call tomorrow.

Never really had much to do with Tanglin, but had friends with kids at UWC and went to a few things there....fantastic place - couldn't believe the facilities! Bit different to when we were kids.....
Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:25 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
You might find the official national curriculum website useful. You can download the national curriculum and all sorts of resources. http://www.curriculumonline.gov.uk/Default.htm
Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:59 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
You might find the official national curriculum website useful. You can download the national curriculum and all sorts of resources. http://www.curriculumonline.gov.uk/Default.htm
Lovely to see Bouncing Girl.... bet your own bouncing girl is keeping you on the hop!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:01 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Lovely to see Bouncing Girl.... bet your own bouncing girl is keeping you on the hop!
You better believe it

How's married life treating you?
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:19 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

You better believe it

How's married life treating you?
Pretty well... and keeping me on the hop! If England and Holland play each other in the World Cup, life will be very interesting indeed. (I don't give a hoot about the US team.)
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:31 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Pretty well... and keeping me on the hop! If England and Holland play each other in the World Cup, life will be very interesting indeed. (I don't give a hoot about the US team.)
Just tell Toon that his loyalties should lie with England after meeting you on a British expats site and then go to different bars to watch the match

If that doesn't work, a swift kick in the nuts should do it...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:33 am
Lapine Member

Just tell Toon that his loyalties should lie with England after meeting you on a British expats site and then go to different bars to watch the match

If that doesn't work, a swift kick in the nuts should do it...
Yeah, for the knock-out games I want to go to the pub, nothing like a good primal scream session when no-one can hear you anyway.

No sex also works.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:19 am

Thats an interesting one - thanks -any more up your sleeve?

The one I was thinking of had lots of learning exercises hidden as games in it - my eldest is desperate to get his hands on the pc any chance he gets, and I'm struggling to keep up with 'appropriate' cd-roms for him - the site I remember someone posting had loads of good stuff on it and I'm kicking myself that I lost my bookmark on it a while ago...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:59 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

This could be what you're looking for... @school
Old Jun 12th 2006, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
This could be what you're looking for... @school
I think it is - thanks a lot!! I knew someone would come thru with it! Cheers