British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   British Rugby League in USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/british-rugby-league-usa-706046/)

Bob8 Feb 19th 2011 2:09 pm

British Rugby League in USA

Hello All,

I am a rugby league fan in Boston. I would like to watch British Super League in a bar with a surprisingly large number of Americans (who have now found it easier to accept that they are rugby league fans than to argue with me about it).

However, America One no longer seems to broadcast the games and Spike only shows the Australian rugby league. Therefore, I am relying on there being a bar with a satellite large enough to make NASA blush, who can pick up Sky Sports.

Does such a nirvana exist? Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Bob Feb 19th 2011 2:22 pm

Re: British Rugby League in USA

No.

But you can find a lot of rugby shown online if you check out the p2p streaming sites.

Welcome to BE :)

Duncan Roberts Feb 19th 2011 2:23 pm

I think fox soccer plus shows games. I think they have a bar finder on their website

Bob8 Feb 19th 2011 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9187612)
No.

But you can find a lot of rugby shown online if you check out the p2p streaming sites.

Welcome to BE :)

Thanks!

Bob8 Feb 19th 2011 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts (Post 9187615)
I think fox soccer plus shows games. I think they have a bar finder on their website

Just soccer, alas. At least that is how it seems from their website.

Bob Feb 19th 2011 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts (Post 9187615)

The BBC in Framingham show's Fox Soccer...they're showing the Six Nations games too from BBCA.

Rugby is pretty popular in a lot of the colleges, so can probably find info asking around at the colleges.

scrubbedexpat099 Feb 19th 2011 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9187651)
The BBC in Framingham show's Fox Soccer...they're showing the Six Nations games too from BBCA.

Rugby is pretty popular in a lot of the colleges, so can probably find info asking around at the colleges.

Union is, never come across League.

TimberHut Feb 20th 2011 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bob8 (Post 9187632)
Just soccer, alas. At least that is how it seems from their website.

No - FSC+ does show rugby (ie check listing for 6am tomorrow when they are showing some Premiership Rugby).

Hopefully one day they will stop doing this though. After all it is called Fox SOCCER Channel!

Bob8 Feb 20th 2011 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by TimberHut (Post 9190072)
No - FSC+ does show rugby (ie check listing for 6am tomorrow when they are showing some Premiership Rugby).

Hopefully one day they will stop doing this though. After all it is called Fox SOCCER Channel!

Fox Soccer Report, apparently. Is it the same channel? Anyway, no rugby league I assume?

TimberHut Feb 21st 2011 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Bob8 (Post 9190157)
Fox Soccer Report, apparently. Is it the same channel? Anyway, no rugby league I assume?

You're looking at Fox Soccer Channel. The rugby is on Fox Soccer Plus. Two different channels.

FSC comes as part of most sports packages. FSP costs $14.99 a month.

Bob8 Feb 21st 2011 1:15 am

Originally Posted by TimberHut (Post 9190313)
You're looking at Fox Soccer Channel. The rugby is on Fox Soccer Plus. Two different channels.

FSC comes as part of most sports packages. FSP costs $14.99 a month.

So I was! I stand corrected.

That said, still no rugby league, so the search goes on.

kimilseung Feb 21st 2011 1:46 am

Just a heads up for those that don't know, Foxsoccer.tv is the online version, at $14.99 a month, good for those that do not have a basic cable package in the first place. However no use to the original poster as its soccer and union, no sign of league. As an aside, I have found that even Americans who have played rugby at school, dont know what league is (I ask "Union or League", the answer is "Rugby")

rallybug Feb 21st 2011 2:03 pm

Well, it is a minority sport

*ducks and runs for cover*

:lol:

TimberHut Feb 21st 2011 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bob8 (Post 9190320)
So I was! I stand corrected.

That said, still no rugby league, so the search goes on.

If what you are looking for ain't on FSP then I don't think it will be on any other USA TV channels.

You are off to the land of 'will this stream last for the whole game'...

Anyway - give it time and you'll soon start to prefer the NFL over rugby.

helwardman Feb 21st 2011 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by TimberHut (Post 9191477)
You are off to the land of 'will this stream last for the whole game'...

To be fair, there are usually pretty good p2p feeds available online for all the RL games shown on Sky.