Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

For British people living in Dallas/Fort Worth Area...

For British people living in Dallas/Fort Worth Area...

Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Pepe240sx is on a distinguished road
Default For British people living in Dallas/Fort Worth Area...

I need a favor from you guys. I have been desperately trying to search for UK flags to put on my car and outside my home as a sign of solidarity to you guys in wake of the London attacks. I, as a proud American, want to show that we haven't forgotten the sympathy you all gave us after 9/11, and I think I am obliged to return the favor and show my support for my British brethen. If you British expats living in Dallas/Fort Worth happen to have extra flags lying around either small to fit on my car or big to hang outside my house, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I know not many around here have been sporting UK flags as a sign of solidarity, but if I sport one, I'm hoping it will catch on and will show you guys that many of us haven't forgotten and that we stand by together.

I greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

-Pepe
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of
Default Re: For British people living in Dallas/Fort Worth Area...

You should be able find something in the Mapsco Dallas location:

http://www.mapsco.com/about_locations.htm
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Britdrinker
You should be able find something in the Mapsco Dallas location:

http://www.mapsco.com/about_locations.htm

Wait a minute, Mapsco doesn't sell flags. Or do they?
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

you can order one from here.. www.darachweb.com
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you try World Service UK

They are on Greenville Ave and open tomorrow afternoon, last time I was there they had flags. Give em a ring and see what they have.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden

They are on Greenville Ave and open tomorrow afternoon, last time I was there they had flags. Give em a ring and see what they have.

Sweet Jesus, thanks for the place! I'll check it out tomorrow for sure!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:22 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden

Thanks for that Snorkmaiden! We had been going (very, very rarely) all the way to The British Emporium in Grapevine, without knowing that there was a Brit store right here in Dallas.

Cheers

edit: sorry I can't karma you - I have to spread it around first, and there are just so few who are karma-worthy!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Thanks for that Snorkmaiden! We had been going (very, very rarely) all the way to The British Emporium in Grapevine, without knowing that there was a Brit store right here in Dallas.

Cheers

edit: sorry I can't karma you - I have to spread it around first, and there are just so few who are karma-worthy!

haha that one is closer to me. Thanks again mate!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000

Cheers
It's not very big, and it is pricey but last time I was there they had some really nice steak and kidney pies in the freezer, yummy, but not cheap.

Don't forget for the usual stuff like beans, chocolate, tea, hob nobs, chocolate digestives, Heinz Tomato Soup, Heinz Spaghetti, Robinsons juice, Bisto, Oxo, Paxo stuffing, vinegar, Horlicks,mushy peas etc; the British aisle in Kroger signature stores is still the cheapest I have found in the Dallas area.

Central Markets has beans, and it also has Irish Bacon and Irish sausages but not all the time, again, the beans are more expensive in CM than in Kroger, I think the bacon in CM was a similar price to World Service.

But, the World Service has all the Brit type trinkets that you can't get in Kroger so worth a visit if you want that kind of thing.

I'm hankering after a steak and kidney pie now
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pepe240sx
Wait a minute, Mapsco doesn't sell flags. Or do they?
The one in Austin does. I can't speak for the Dallas location, I'm afraid.