Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Passports - Price Change

Wikiposts

British Passports - Price Change

Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow British Passports - Price Change

Prices change on 19 March. More information at www.ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/orlando (look in the latest news from Orlando section).

Dean
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:55 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Passports - Price Change

Originally Posted by British Consul
Prices change on 19 March. More information at www.ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/orlando (look in the latest news from Orlando section).

Dean
Fast coming to the conclusion that using the price of a Big Mac for comparing the buying power of different currencies could be replaced by the price of a British passport from the local consulate. It would certainly be up-to-date if nothing else.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Fast coming to the conclusion that using the price of a Big Mac for comparing the buying power of different currencies could be replaced by the price of a British passport from the local consulate. It would certainly be up-to-date if nothing else.
At these prices, think we may have the new gold standard. Standard Passport (32 pages)-$185 (+ postage - see below)

"We only issue emergency and temporary passports if other types of passport cannot be printed in time. There is a call out fee for issuing a temporary or emergency passport outside of office hours. You will need to add this fee to the cost of the passport.
Call out fee - $188
The rate is for every hour or part of an hour for each member of our staff.The maximum charge is $1349 in any 24 hour period."
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
At these prices, think we may have the new gold standard. Standard Passport (32 pages)-$185 (+ postage - see below)

"We only issue emergency and temporary passports if other types of passport cannot be printed in time. There is a call out fee for issuing a temporary or emergency passport outside of office hours. You will need to add this fee to the cost of the passport.
Call out fee - $188
The rate is for every hour or part of an hour for each member of our staff.The maximum charge is $1349 in any 24 hour period."
Passport's worth its weight in gold, it is!

Unsure about the staff (Dean excepted, of course). I'd expect something very special at that rate.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:56 pm
Banned

Umpatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frrussre

Call out fee - $188
It is strange that you would pay more, especially when the British Pound has fallen and the US dollar has rallied. Paying a call out fee and such prices are rediculous. This is not an issuance of some greencard being paid by some foreign nationals, in which case, it is fine to charge a lot. But to our fellow citizens, this is bringing down the value of being a Briton altogether.

I wonder in the very near future, if all passports were "Made in China!" If the US Federal Reserve Bank moved to China and printed the fiat currency there to cut costs of labour, and to bring artificial confidence to China that since the Bank is located in China, they need not worry as the fiat become printed on demand of the Chinese government to repay all the loans to China when push comes to shove?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you have to look at it as $18.80 per year for a standard adult one. $25 a year for a child's 5 year one is getting into the piss taking territory. Still stings when it costs so much less for other countries or even renewing a UK one in countries other then the US. At least it's $12 cheaper then the Feb prices, $8 fr a child's.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:29 am
Just Joined

butterfly-kisses is an unknown quantity at this point

GREAT! just lost my passport n all! Not even a year old lol
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I guess you have to look at it as $18.80 per year for a standard adult one. $25 a year for a child's 5 year one is getting into the piss taking territory. Still stings when it costs so much less for other countries or even renewing a UK one in countries other then the US. At least it's $12 cheaper then the Feb prices, $8 fr a child's.
The overseas price is the same! No matter where you renew, the conversion back to sterling is a similar amount.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

my kids run out in june... wonder if i should hold on and wait till it goes down more? If i ask dean to give me a call the day before they go up so i can get the application off? yeah yeah..not a bloody hope in hells chance.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
my kids run out in june... wonder if i should hold on and wait till it goes down more? If i ask dean to give me a call the day before they go up so i can get the application off? yeah yeah..not a bloody hope in hells chance.
Can you enter the UK on an expired UK passport? If i were to leave here on the US one and arrive at LHR with an expired UK passport what would they do? Bollock me and let me in to MY country?...No....FINE me thousands and let me in I bet!

Anyone have any experience of this?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

glemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of light

Can you enter the UK on an expired UK passport? If i were to leave here on the US one and arrive at LHR with an expired UK passport what would they do? Bollock me and let me in to MY country?...No....FINE me thousands and let me in I bet!

They would probably give you a huge lecture on how you are supposed to travel on one passport only (i.e. leave the US and enter the UK on the US passport etc etc etc).ou Then give u a slapping and send you to queue up with the non EU peeps.............. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill

No idea.....My money's on bollocking and a fine (if that).

I do remember once going on a day trip ferry to Calais where someone had not taken his passport.....the guy never got asked for it on the way into France but got a lecture on the way back in to the UK; but they did let him in, no fine (this was in 1993).
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: British Passports - Price Change

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Deedee13,

Prices go up tomorrow. Didn't have your number, so couldn't phone.

Sorry.

Dean
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:07 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill

My daughter just did it. I'm not renew her UK passport till she hits 16 later this month.

The guy on the EU passport desk told her that she should have gone in the non-EU queue. But let her in anyway.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:22 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dan725
No idea.....My money's on bollocking and a fine (if that).
Why speculate, when the answer is readily available?
Passengers who arrive at the control claiming to be British Citizens but are unable to produce a valid passport, will be asked to complete a LS01 form before enquires are made to verify the claim. Verification checks will only be undertaken on completion of the form and should include the Watchlist and Information System and omnibase checks as a minimum. If the verification checks are satisfactory the passenger will be able to proceed through the control.
The above is from the relevant chapter of the UKBA Border force operations manual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.