Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Passport Photograph Countersignature

British Passport Photograph Countersignature

Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Hypnosis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Passport Photograph Countersignature

He does already have a US passport which I obtained a few weeks ago. They actually misprinted the photograph on his bio page, making the entire right side of his face translucent and making me think I was raising a ghost. I had to return it to the passport office in Houston who reprinted it, and I received the corrected one a few days ago.

I'd prefer to get his British passport knocked out at the earliest opportunity, although I have to wait on his citizenship application first. I am hoping to hear something on that by November, as I understand it's roughly a four month turnaround on MN1s right now.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypnosis
..... I'd prefer to get his British passport knocked out at the earliest opportunity, .....
But not more than five years, you'll have to do it again, and maybe again five years later depending on his age. How important is it to have a small paperback booklet that has no practical value? ..... Being ABLE to get it, is surely what's important? .... And once you have registered the adoption you, or he, can do that at any time.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Let's just say he isn't very administratively-minded, and leaving him to do something like this by himself would be a poor choice on my part, I think. He's 14, well, turns 15 in a week, so I would only have one five-year passport, and after that he'd graduate to a 10.

I don't mind paying the extra cost to get this all done now.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 10:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypnosis
Let's just say he isn't very administratively-minded, and leaving him to do something like this by himself would be a poor choice on my part, I think. He's 14, well, turns 15 in a week, so I would only have one five-year passport, and after that he'd graduate to a 10.

I don't mind paying the extra cost to get this all done now.
So you might as well wait another year and when he's 16, get it then and it'll be a 10 year passport :/
Old Oct 6th 2014, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Ah then I might hold off; I thought he would only receive an adult passport at 18, not 16.