Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Passport Photo in Los Angeles area

British Passport Photo in Los Angeles area

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all
Default British Passport Photo in Los Angeles area

I need to get my British Passport renewed, but I am having a really hard time finding somewhere that does the correct size photo.

I would sincerely appreciate if someone could give me the name and address of a place within the Los Angeles area that does this.

Thank you very much for your help.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:57 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Passport Photo in Los Angeles area

Originally Posted by Sharron_
I need to get my British Passport renewed, but I am having a really hard time finding somewhere that does the correct size photo.

I would sincerely appreciate if someone could give me the name and address of a place within the Los Angeles area that does this.

Do it yourself. The instructions are here. Get someone to take your picture on a digital camera and print it off to the correct measurements. We did all our passports and visa pictures like this and it was easy enough.

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply...-standards.asp
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:26 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

We used http://www.epassportphoto.com/ free. You provide the ink and photo paper
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

sangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
We used http://www.epassportphoto.com/ free. You provide the ink and photo paper
Or put the photo on a USB stick and print it off at CVS etc. for under a $.

We saved over $40 on US sized photos for our GC application.

The British sized photo gives 7 photos on a print versus 5 per print for the US size.

The good thing is that you can verify that the photo meets the specific country specific requirements.

Highly recommended.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:27 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharron_

When I changed my passport in DC I had pics taken at a CVS - US standard size and they used those without any problems.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:16 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
When I changed my passport in DC I had pics taken at a CVS - US standard size and they used those without any problems.
same here. just use US standard sized photos (they are just wider so more background) the embassy will cut the sides off - it even says dont trim to size on the instructions(as they will do it).
Did my duaghters a few months ago and sending my sons renewal off this week.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:15 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kate2112
So you are saying that if i use the standard American size photo they will still accept it? I don't see hot they expect us to get the British size passport pic, there is nobody around here that does them
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: British Passport Photo in Los Angeles area

Walgreens.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

Had mime done at Walgreens and sent them off with no problems
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all

Thanks everyone for your advice. I have just had normal US ones taken at CVS. I am going to send them in and see if they accept them.

It's reassuring to know that they have done this before.

Thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Caligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really nice

Originally Posted by British Consul
Walgreens.
Yep..Walgreens