Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British passport for child born in USA

British passport for child born in USA

Old Sep 28th 2012, 9:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British passport for child born in USA

Make sure your child's full name and date of birth are included with the photos so they can match them up if they haven't contacted you with an application number.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whatadiva
... so we had another set done yesterday at walgreens got it countersigned and will mail tomorrow certified.
Do not send the pictures. They might never get to the person they need to... and you'll never know! Wait until they contact you if they want them... at least then they'll be expecting them. It may seem counter-intuitive... but it is the appropriate course of action.

Ian
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

wilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nice

Any idea how long it takes to recieve the birth registration certificate and the original documents back from Washington?

I would like to register my son's birth but I have filed the I-130 form this week and am worried about not getting his and my birth certificates back in time for the Interview at the US embassy in London (not that it will be anytime soon).
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilba1234
Any idea how long it takes to recieve the birth registration certificate and the original documents back from Washington?

I would like to register my son's birth but I have filed the I-130 form this week and am worried about not getting his and my birth certificates back in time for the Interview at the US embassy in London (not that it will be anytime soon).
I think it was of the order of a month or so.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

wilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I think it was of the order of a month or so.
Thanks, can I ask. Were both parents british citizens?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, can I ask. Were both parents british citizens?
No just me.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

UPDATED:

I did include my daughters passport pics correctly (just as I had thought) I skyped with my mum and dad and I asked them to show me which pics i accidentally sent for my ACRO application instead of my passport pic and the pic they showed me of my daughter was indeed passport SIZED pics of her that I get from winkflash.

Her British passport arrived by fedex (hubby signed it), original documents I think will follow soon.

But the processing timeframe took around 3 weeks.

So the extra pics i got for her from walgreens I will use for her US passport application.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Do not send the pictures. They might never get to the person they need to... and you'll never know! Wait until they contact you if they want them... at least then they'll be expecting them. It may seem counter-intuitive... but it is the appropriate course of action.

Ian
glad i did not submit the extra walgreen passport pics! that would have been a total waste! now I can use them for her US passport application
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

It took about a month or so.
I filed for my daughters registration 2 months after she was born.
I submitted the fee in moneygram money order, my british BC and hubbys US passport, and daughters Texas birth certificate and the application form itself. Everything was returned with her UK birth registration documents in a month or maybe 6 weeks...