Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"The British Are More Intelligent And Civilized Than The Americans”...

"The British Are More Intelligent And Civilized Than The Americans”...

Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:31 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "The British Are More Intelligent And Civilized Than The Americans”...

Originally Posted by Rushman
I disagree with her completely. By the way I think you'll find it's spelt "Heathen" my USC friend. have a lovely evening.
Heathens aren't necessarily unintelligent and I think civilisation is different from civility.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The British Are More Intelligent And Civilized Than The Americans”...

I disagree with her completely. By the way I think you'll find it's spelt "Heathen" my USC friend. have a lovely evening.

My gracious English friend. Thank you for correcting my obvious flaw. However,
I was making an attempt at humor. People around my area of the country would
pronounce it as spelled. Have an extremely wonderful evening my good man.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:55 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sally
...........I think civilisation is different from civility.
You are absolutely correct.

One has 4 more letters than the other.
Also, one is a noun whereas the other.............is some other thing.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:56 am
Account Closed

........steady.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Seahorse3
My gracious English friend. Thank you for correcting my obvious flaw. However,
I was making an attempt at humor. People around my area of the country would
pronounce it as spelled. Have an extremely wonderful evening my good man.
In that case I do apologise Sir and beg your pardon. Have a wonderful evening.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Paltrow claims she has a problem with "capitalistic" culture. According to the Sunday Times Rich List of 2005, she and her class-warrior husband are worth approximately £115 million dollars.

You can't stuff much more capital than that into a private bank account. These people are revolting hypocrites living a life of luxury you or I could not even imagine, and they are almost identical in profile and behaviour to the French aristocracy circa 1750.

Also, she and Madonna are only in the UK to hide from the Bush administration and the nasty nasty Republicans. Expect a massive strategic airlift of Hollywood A List out of Blighty when the White House goes blue in 2009.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old William
I have 0 time for all celebrities. They all look the same to me in a pair of braclets and an interview room.
Hopefully our Tony will be there soon !!Complete with belly against the counter !
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 10:15 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
This bit is just precious:

She said having US pop star Madonna, 48, who married British film director Guy Ritchie six years ago, nearby was another advantage to living in London.

"She's like an older sister. Everything I have gone through, she went through ten times worse and ten times longer. She gives me good advice about how to say no and take care of myself," said Paltrow.

Am I the only who sees the **cough** irony in one wealthy person seeking guidance from another wealthy person about how to live a non-materialistic lifestyle, while both of them live in the lap of luxury?

As the great philosopher Madonna once said:

Living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

No, I'm not bitter...

Well there's always Brittney Spears looking to her pal Paris Hilton for guidance on being a singleton.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
You are absolutely correct.

One has 4 more letters than the other.
Do you mind if I disagree?

The word "one" only has three letters whereas the words "the other" have eight.....

Have a good evening.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Toontje
Do you mind if I disagree?

The word "one" only has three letters whereas the words "the other" have eight.....

Have a good evening.

Damn, I couldn't find one error in that statement.

So I shall simply disagree with you on the grounds that your avatar is not festive enough.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, I couldn't find one error in that statement.

So I shall simply disagree with you on the grounds that your avatar is not festive enough.
I'm awfully sorry that my avatar doesn't live up to your standards. I had a very nice chap add the christmas hat to my running puppy and I don't dare to ask for more..... I'm afraid that it's impossible for me to offer you more so please, since my avatar doesn't seem to reflect the general mood of this festive season, put me on ignore until the New Year. Then the puppy will drop his christmas hat and be his normal self again.

Have a good evening.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Toontje
I'm awfully sorry that my avatar doesn't live up to your standards. I had a very nice chap add the christmas hat to my running puppy and I don't dare to ask for more..... I'm afraid that it's impossible for me to offer you more so please, since my avatar doesn't seem to reflect the general mood of this festive season, put me on ignore until the New Year. Then the puppy will drop his christmas hat and be his normal self again.

Have a good evening.

Is there something in the water 'round here?
I have no one on ignore, that would be a rude and unfestive thing to do.

May the peace of a thousand camels alight on your yuletide nuts in this Christmas season.

Have a splendiforous day.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is there something in the water 'round here?
I have no one on ignore, that would be a rude and unfestive thing to do.

May the peace of a thousand camels alight on your yuletide nuts in this Christmas season.

Have a splendiforous day.
I don't want no camels standing on my nuts.

Have a good evening.