Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British humour in the US

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
, like cheap tickets if you work for BA
past
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:28 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Its a perk of the job, like cheap tickets if you work for BA
It used to perk me up no end....stop some scumbag motorist on a trumped up charge of having a taillight out then dragging them out of the car and giving them a right good truncheoning by the side of the road. And if any bloody dogooder dared stop and ask what was happening I'd have em cuffed and beaten about the head with my steelies before you could say "You're nicked sonny!"
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
It used to perk me up no end....stop some scumbag motorist on a trumped up charge of having a taillight out then dragging them out of the car and giving them a right good truncheoning by the side of the road. And if any bloody dogooder dared stop and ask what was happening I'd have em cuffed and beaten about the head with my steelies before you could say "You're nicked sonny!"
That's terrible .. you could ruin a nail ..doing that ...
Thats why God invented the taser...
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:36 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
That's terrible .. you could ruin a nail ..doing that ...
Thats why God invented the taser...
I know, such are the terrors we had to face on a daily basis. Not to worry though, if that did happen at all (and believe me it was a real worry) then we'd have 'em on a nice little charge of "Assault on a Constable whilst carrying out his duty" and off down the clink for a weekends worth of "investigations".
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:37 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

You've just got that from the NI training manual, you little monkey
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
You've just got that from the NI training manual, you little monkey
Hey the practice was great for my time in the force I can tell you. Always good to learn a trade for when discharge time comes around.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Its a perk of the job, like cheap tickets if you work for BA
hardly a perk at BA...there right shite compared to other airlines...
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I am absolutely, completely and totally surprised that Rushman, a sage of infinite wisdom and intimate knowledge of all aspects of his adopted homeland, would disagree with me. As I'm dealing with a man who's every post is dripping with unbiased fact, I feel truly chastened. I never really realized just how wrong I was about a place I've lived in for thirty years. In one simple, devestating word, Rushman has disproven my entire thesis. Yes, Americans are truly dullards with all the humor of Mao and the self-seriousness of Nietzsche.

As I'm American, I being perfectly serious.
Congratulations!!! You seem to have grasped the basics of "sarcasm" now. Or am I being ironic?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

It used to perk me up no end....stop some scumbag motorist on a trumped up charge of having a taillight out then dragging them out of the car and giving them a right good truncheoning by the side of the road.

You weren't the cop in "The Village people" were you?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rushman
You weren't the cop in "The Village people" were you?
What of it?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:28 am
Account Closed

What of it?
Its no fun when you admit stuff