Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Oct 1st 2003, 3:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Collymore ready to return

Originally posted by afosuk
Collymore ready to return-->
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3154886.stm

(Manc76 is bricking himself at this moment.)

*Whips out crystal ball*

Stan Collymore agrees a deal to become the new player-manager of Stockport County
Well Peter Reid could be unemployed at any moment, we need to fill this vacancy pretty soon before he applies.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 3:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Collymore ready to return-->
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3154886.stm

(Manc76 is bricking himself at this moment.)

*Whips out crystal ball*

Stan Collymore agrees a deal to become the new player-manager of Stockport County
Well Peter Reid could be unemployed at any moment, we need to fill this vacancy pretty soon before he applies.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 3:38 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I read that the Daily Sport has named the 8 players they think are involved in the rape. Anyone know anything about this?

Anyways:

UEFA Champions League

Chelsea v Besiktas 19:45
Panathinaikos v Rangers 19:45
VfB_Stuttgart v Man Utd 19:45
Old Oct 1st 2003, 3:39 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

A bit more about that 7 footie players/17 year old girl.
From Glasgow Daily Record-->
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/co...name_page.html
The hotel was Grosvenor House, Park Lane.
The UK press have received warnings from the Attorney General not to name the club or any players, because it could be prejudicial in any future trial.
But I'm sure that at least one of the scummy tabloids will break this.
Another but - the team/players can't be named in the UK, but this doesn't apply to the rest of the world.
Well it looks like they will not get a fair trial.
Daily Sport named the team in their "newspaper" this morning.
The Sun have an exclusive interview with the 17 year old.
A footie website was shut down because the players were named.
If it does get to court this is going to be thrown out.

I'm not going to make any more comments about this, don't want Britishexpats.com get in trouble.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 3:53 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
Peter Reid was a great Manager at City, but it was when Swales was chairman.
They got rid of him when City were having the best run of form and highest position in the Prem(1st Division) they had in years.

Leeds have got to stick with one manager and stop looking for quick fix.
It didn't work with Venables or Wilkinson.
But the board of directors are impatient these days and expect instant results, so I think he'll be out soon, poor sod.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 5:15 pm
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tony_2003
I read that the Daily Sport has named the 8 players they think are involved in the rape. Anyone know anything about this?
My understanding is that they named the team in an editorial which said it would be foolhardy to name individuals. To be expected from such a fine bastion of journalistic standards.

I have visited three websites today which have been closed due to putting too much info into the public domain. I suspect that within 48 hours this will all be public anyway, so I agree that we make sure this site does not get into any trouble.

From what's already on this site, there's nothing surprising in it anyway!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:54 pm

Both the rags and Chelsea have "gone down" on others...
(OK I'll stop now.)
More embarrasing for Chelsea because they let in two at home.
(As opposed to 7 in the bedroom)
Alright, alright !

Looking at all the Champs League results Celtic rule at the mo. With Arsenal boring out an away draw, which is actually a good result.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:18 pm

Default Coppell ponders Reading job

Coppell ponders Reading job
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ng/3157610.stm
Glenn Hoddle will not be taking over as Reading boss, with Brighton manager Steve Coppell set for the position.
Sacked Spurs manager Hoddle had been widely tipped to take charge of First Division Reading.

But his agent Dennis Roach told BBC Sport that Hoddle has not even been interviewed for the job, clearing the way for Coppell to take charge.

"There have not been any negotiations with Reading and there will not be any," Roach told this website.

"I have been involved with Glenn for 20 years and if there had been any negotiations then I would have been involved, but there have been none.

Reading could have provided Hoddle with an immediate return to football 10 days after his sacking at Spurs.
The former England manager lives opposite the Royals' Berkshire training base.

But Roach told BBC Sport that Hoddle intends to take a break from management following his departure from Spurs.

"I think his priority at the moment is to get over Tottenham. He will probably take a little time out," Roach said.

Coppell is now in line to take over at Reading in time for Saturday's First Division match at home to Bradford.

He had a second interview with Reading on Wednesday and this website understands he has now been offered the job.
*Starts maniacal Joker-type laughter*

"Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !
He he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeee......"

I've got to give my mate in Reading a shout.
45 days... mark my words....
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I see that the BBC, Sky & ITV have been told that they face being charged with perverting the course of justice if they feature any sights or sounds of fans identifying one of the 8 footballers involved in that hotel room incident last weekend.

Seems that the courts have enough time to protect the identity of the alledged rapists, shame they don't have the time to deal with the criminals effectively.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:35 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of great games this weekend, notably the Liverpool v Arsenal and the Old Firm derby. We should see off Dundee comfortably as we are pretty strong at home these days.
I'm gonna go for a Liverpool victory, 2-1....and Celtic to win 2-0.

Saturday games
Barclaycard English Premiership

Liverpool v Arsenal 12:30
Fulham v Leicester City 15:00
Leeds United v Blackburn 15:00
Man Utd v Birmingham 15:00
Newcastle v Southampton 15:00
Portsmouth v Charlton 15:00
Tottenham v Everton 15:00
Wolves v Man City 15:00

Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League
Rangers v Celtic 12:30
Dundee Utd v Motherwell 15:00
Hearts v Dundee 15:00
Kilmarnock v Aberdeen 15:00
Livingston v Dunfermline 15:00
Partick Thistle v Hibernian 15:00
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:58 pm

I was going to mention the Celtic & Liverpool games.
But what is it with the kick off times ?
Sky Sports have too much say in when the games start.

I'll be 7.30 in the morning my time for these two matches.
But I'm going to miss all the Saturday matches anyway, I'll be out all day.

So might as well whip out the crystal ball...
*everybody groans*

A long term rest of the season prediction for these teams:

Both Celtic and Liverpool lose their matches big time, Houlier and O'Neill both resign, Houlier gets an offer from the happiest country in the world and is the new Nigerian Manager.
O'Neill takes up the vacant position at Liverpool, the team go on to win the FA Cup and then the season after, the league championship, finally.
Kenny Dalglish gets his revenge on the board and buys out Celtic, he immediately puts his old mate John Barnes back in charge and Celtic go on to win every following old firm derby, the Scottish cup, UEFA cup, league title, European title and best dressed award.

Boy these cold pills are powerful !

Butseriouslynow.... I agree with you on the Celtic/Liverpool scores.

- What is going on with Yahoo Footy Predictions by the way ?
(For those who are still bothering)
Yahoo have an apology for error with the stats, but makes no difference to me - my team seem to be stuck 5th out of 8.
I'm going to keep trying just to get my team just to 4th !
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 5:37 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie

- What is going on with Yahoo Footy Predictions by the way ?
(For those who are still bothering)
Yahoo have an apology for error with the stats, but makes no difference to me - my team seem to be stuck 5th out of 8.
I'm going to keep trying just to get my team just to 4th !
Well, I changed my team 2 hours before the deadline for last week, but it didn't come into effect until this week. I lost out big time as I had just put in Steve Watson of Everton, but didn't get the points.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:12 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Well Tony its Hearts V Dundee this weekend and I guess Hearts have the upper hand.

I'm pondering over a phone call to my old mate - Albert Kidd (ring any bells?).

For those of you outside of Dundee and Edinburgh - Hearts required 1 point to win the SPL.

With something silly like ten minutes to go Dundee introduced Albert Kidd to the game who went on to score twice and breaking the Hearts of errr Hearts! I was a ball boy at that game and remember turning to punch the air to the Hearts fans - bad move as they invaved the pitch and I had to run for my life.

In retrospect I wish Hearts had won instead of Celtic picking up the league again. In the defence of Dundee they had to win and Renagers had to get beat by two goals to see Dundee qualify for the UEFA cup. Sadly Rangers beat Motherwell and scored the goals they needed.

Inside the changing rooms following the games I witnessed Hearts and Dundee players crying and kicking things as both had lost out.

Hope you enjoyed that story.

Scotch
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:31 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.....very enchanting
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:41 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

It didn't get much better for Hearts as they went on to lose the Cup Final the following week too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.