British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   British Football thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/british-football-thread-180431/)

tony_2003 Oct 11th 2003 3:33 am

Originally posted by DaveC
Did you have any problems connecting to the live commentary?
Tons!!
keep trying, if you are on a shite connection normally then you will have problems....took me about 6 times trying.

tony_2003 Oct 11th 2003 3:35 am

Half time 0 - 0
Not ****ing good enough, I reckon we are going out...

ferguson has never proved he is anything but a hun, ****ing ned

DaveC Oct 11th 2003 3:40 am

Originally posted by tony_2003
Tons!!
keep trying, if you are on a shite connection normally then you will have problems....took me about 6 times trying.
Nah I'm on broadband. I didn't mean that, I initially thought they had banned the live world wide commentary due to legal restrictions, presumably because of Setanta showing the game live. When I connected to Five Live played a message to that effect.

Also, when I initially tried to connect to Radio Scotland I got an error message which I hadn't seen since I unsuccessfully tried to listen to a huns game on Sportsound (which Setanta were also showing live).

Luckily I got in through the main BBC Scotland page. Not that it's pleasant listening!

Ferguson's good at passing sideways though.

tony_2003 Oct 11th 2003 3:57 am

You're right there mate...mr 50 yards to the left, great buy for the burn.

Webbie Oct 11th 2003 3:59 am

The missus dragged me off the mall and I missed the first half. !(Nearly forgot my Dad's birthday so I forgive her - just.)

By the looks and sounds of things I haven't missed anything.
Scotland playing to form and shooting themselves in the foot.
:rolleyes:

doctor scrumpy Oct 11th 2003 4:07 am

Originally posted by DaveC
I apologise profusely and hang my head in shame!
We lost 4-3 from 2-1 up. So bollocks to another cup run ! Still I suppose the only bright light is that I know where we will be playing the day b4 I fly. Rangers at home ( OK Stafford Rangers...it is better than it sounds HONEST ....)

tony_2003 Oct 11th 2003 4:10 am

Oh look its 2 nil to the krauts and we need 1 goal to go into the playoffs....aye well I hate to be a cinic

Webbie Oct 11th 2003 4:10 am

Germany 2-nil up.
More than a pubic hair now Dave.

(Others not following the thread are wondering what the hell we are talking about now)

tony_2003 Oct 11th 2003 4:14 am

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveC Oct 11th 2003 4:14 am

Originally posted by Webbie
Germany 2-nil up.

(Others not following the thread are wondering what the hell we are talking about now)

Scotland 1-0 . Fletcher Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll!

Webbie Oct 11th 2003 4:14 am

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
We lost 4-3 from 2-1 up. So bollocks to another cup run ! Still I suppose the only bright light is that I know where we will be playing the day b4 I fly. Rangers at home ( OK Stafford Rangers...it is better than it sounds HONEST ....)
I was just about to ask how Havent were doing.
I keep an eye on Barrow AFC (my non-league team)
They lost 2-1 away to Aston United.
There's still the FA Trophy Scrumpy.

Webbie Oct 11th 2003 4:15 am

Originally posted by tony_2003
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh did somebody score ?;)

tony_2003 Oct 11th 2003 4:16 am

please dpont **** this up scotland

tony_2003 Oct 11th 2003 4:20 am

this will be a long 15 mins...

DaveC Oct 11th 2003 4:25 am

Originally posted by Webbie
:D
I think you're right. Only Buster Gonad with his unfeasibly large testicles could perhaps argue against it.