Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:37 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by DaveC
Class, thanks for that mate!

I particularly liked the line "He'd probably be a champ if being a fanny was a sport".

Wish me luck for tomorrow afternoon chaps, I have an interview for a job at an engineering firm. First ever American job interview....:scared:
Good luck mate!
I found my first yank interview surprisingly easier than some of my UK ones I've had. Went for an IT job when I first came over and I was interviewed by a bloke and his very hot assistant. The fact I was not American was a great ice breaker and we chatted for about 5 mins about Scotland. I was actually the one who declined the job when they revealed further details...phone tech support isnt my forte.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:46 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
That's what I say, terrorism didn't begin in September 3 years ago.
We've all lived with it for donkeys.
funny you said that i've often thought the same......
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:55 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
funny you said that i've often thought the same......
So are you a follower of the hoops or Barry Town?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:58 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
So are you a follower of the hoops or Barry Town?
erm ............maybe i should read the whole thread i was kinda thinking about growing up with the IRA terrorist attacks in the U.K as the norm
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:59 am
Get em out by Friday

i was kinda thinking about growing up with the IRA terrorist attacks in the U.K as the norm
So it's Celtic then?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:10 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

hello
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:41 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

erm ............maybe i should read the whole thread
If you start at the beginning, you have to go through to the end without stopping. You should probably schedule at least a week off work
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ScousePete
If you start at the beginning, you have to go through to the end without stopping. You should probably schedule at least a week off work
There will be a test, during August there was a lot of off subject stuff so you can miss that.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Webbie]
Liverpool struggle to beat Palace. City draw with Blackburn, who only scrape a point because of a penalty taken by... Dickov.
Both goalkeepers fall asleep in the Spurs v Arse game. Nine goals. Am arranging a seance to see if we can summon the dear departed Mattbutt for a birds eye view.

QUOTE]

Stunner of a game to watch, Arsenal were playing really, Though its been said that for technical football abilty it was crap but very entertaining which is was,

Dont know what happened to either sides defence, but the forwards and midfield were great, great goals all round, pires, Defoe, and viera all very nice. All made a bit weird with lauren taking the penalty?!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mattbutt]
Originally Posted by Webbie
Liverpool struggle to beat Palace. City draw with Blackburn, who only scrape a point because of a penalty taken by... Dickov.
Both goalkeepers fall asleep in the Spurs v Arse game. Nine goals. Am arranging a seance to see if we can summon the dear departed Mattbutt for a birds eye view.

QUOTE]

Stunner of a game to watch, Arsenal were playing really, Though its been said that for technical football abilty it was crap but very entertaining which is was,

Dont know what happened to either sides defence, but the forwards and midfield were great, great goals all round, pires, Defoe, and viera all very nice. All made a bit weird with lauren taking the penalty?!
Defoes goal was a stormer.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:28 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned I can't do the Karma until I've been with others, but if I was a street walker I'd have you down for a month of freebies.
Ooh, missus.

Anyone see Kanu's miss from 1 yard out late on in the game against Boro? Faced with a tap in to equalise, he somehow contrived to hoof it over the bar.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:47 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Still topping the table but only gaining three points from last week is adeshell on 109.
Yeah. Crap week. Crystal ball needs new batteries.....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DaveC
Ooh, missus.

Anyone see Kanu's miss from 1 yard out late on in the game against Boro? Faced with a tap in to equalise, he somehow contrived to hoof it over the bar.
That was funny, its cos his size 100 flippers knocked it straight up as opposed to a svelt size 10 knocking it straight in.

Sun Headline - 'KAN U Believe it'
Old Nov 17th 2004, 4:27 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Busy day in footie today:

Sad news:
Emlyn laid to rest today:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4019367.stm
All the football greats were there. Dalglish, Souness, Carlton Palmer...

More sad news:
FA to complain over racism chants
" The FA will write to Uefa and Fifa after racist abuse is aimed at England's U21 players in Spain."

Unfortunately racism in Spanish football is an everyday occurance according to this report:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4019621.stm

Some bad news:
Arsenal footballer Graham Stack charged with raping a 21-year-old woman
"Graham Stack, 23, who plays for Arsenal but is on loan to Millwall, is due before Bromley magistrates next Tuesday over the alleged attack in September."
(Arsenal have an English player ? Weird.)

International Football today:
(The Rep of Ireland beat Croatia 1-0 in their match yesterday.)

England v Spain - kick off at 3.45pm EST
England team (probable): Paul Robinson; Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ashley Cole; David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Frank Lampard, Wayne Bridge; Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen.

Scotland v Sweden - kick off at 3pm EST
Scotland team (probable): David Marshall, Kevin McNaughton, Andy Webster, Steven Pressley, Russell Anderson, Ian Murray, Darren Fletcher, Jackie McNamara, Nigel Quashie, Kenny Miller, James McFadden.

Uncertain if either game will be broadcast online since they are both friendlies.
Have to check the Beeb around 3 o'clock.

Derek is fit again - played the full 90 in Real's last match, but their manager is warning that he's not 100% and there would be a problem if he does do the 90 today. But it being a friendly I doubt he will.

Scotia being let off the hook today and given a sporting chance - Larsson is not playing.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 4:53 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Don't forget
USA v Jamaica 7:30pm EST
First ever World Cup game for me. Should be good for a laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.