Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Forest had a lad who died mid-game back in the 80s. Aussie kid only 18 or so.
Drug related?
Just seems weird that a fit sports person would suddenly drop dead with a heart problem that's all...unless it was seriously un-noticed by team docs...
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:37 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Happy Birthchavy
That reminds me, I was channel surfing the other day and came upon a Mexican program called El Chavo. Nothing to do with burr-ito-berry wearing neds though. The 10 seconds I watched out of interest wouldn't have been out of place here:
Attached Images  
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:49 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveC
That reminds me, I was channel surfing the other day and came upon a Mexican program called El Chavo. Nothing to do with burr-ito-berry wearing neds though. The 10 seconds I watched out of interest wouldn't have been out of place here:
Scortchio!

Just been watching some of the sports video interviews on the beeb, I still question how the helll people become footy managers with their level of intelligence.

Southampton manger wigley is asked: ' what do southampton have to do to beat arsenal this weekend' his response.....'play well'.

what a strategy, i couldnt have thought that one up, no wonder im not a footy manager.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:44 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Are Leicester City a Premiership team?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:03 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Are Leicester City a Premiership team?
Not yet, but Craigy boy will have them there in no time! Especially with the likes of de Vries, Webster etc, etc!

I have to say that I am surprised by his decision to go, the man is maroon through and through. And Leicester, for Fox ache? (geddit, Foxes?) Even if he does get them to the Premiership he can kiss European football goodbye.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:10 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: British Football thread

Not yet, but Craigy boy will have them there in no time! Especially with the likes of de Vries, Webster etc, etc!

I have to say that I am surprised by his decision to go, the man is maroon through and through. And Leicester, for Fox ache? (geddit, Foxes?) Even if he does get them to the Premiership he can kiss European football goodbye.
Well theres a nice ****ing thing to wake up to. Last night it looked like the usual speculation and now he's actually going. Sorry but what a prick! This is a guy who has been served very well by Hearts as a player and manager...a guy who was managing a Scottish 3rd division team before we took a chance on him. There should be some sort of claus that states a manager cannot leave mid season, or at least a HEAVY financial penelty, we are currently involved in Europe for **** sakes. Now we're getting some Russian git in charge.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:23 pm
100% Pure

Well theres a nice ****ing thing to wake up to. Last night it looked like the usual speculation and now he's actually going. Sorry but what a prick! This is a guy who has been served very well by Hearts as a player and manager...a guy who was managing a Scottish 3rd division team before we took a chance on him. There should be some sort of claus that states a manager cannot leave mid season, or at least a HEAVY financial penelty, we are currently involved in Europe for **** sakes. Now we're getting some Russian git in charge.
I can only speculate that he didn't like what he heard about the new regime under Romanov and he jumped early. Like you say, he has such a history with the club there would have to be something major to make him do this.

Do you think that John Robertson would be a good replacment? He'd be popular with the fans but would he be up for the job?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I would say ta'ra as I fly back to blighty tommorow.

Giving my lap top back so wont be on until next week and I get back online.

Ive heard its raining at home
Old Oct 29th 2004, 6:57 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbutt

See you later aligator.

Up the

Old Oct 29th 2004, 7:07 pm
100% Pure

Originally Posted by mattbutt

Safe journey!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:43 pm
Get em out by Friday

I can only speculate that he didn't like what he heard about the new regime under Romanov and he jumped early. Like you say, he has such a history with the club there would have to be something major to make him do this.

Do you think that John Robertson would be a good replacment? He'd be popular with the fans but would he be up for the job?
I would be happy to have Robbo in charge, he's my favourite all time player in a Hearts jersey. Although Calley are sitting second bottom of the SPL so I have doubts as to weather he's a good manager. I also have serious doubts that the new owners will aproach him though. They will see this as an oportunity to get one of their own choices in the posotion.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:50 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

yay.. stevie gerrard due back in a liverpool shirt on nov 20th (liverpool v middlesborough), earlier than expected
Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:57 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this on one of the gossip mailouts I receive (holymoly.co.uk)
Cesc Fabregas threw the food.

Van Nistelrooy went into the Arsenal dressing room after the game going ape winding up the Gooners after last year's events.

Wenger called him a "F****** horseface cheat" and told him to get out.

Ruud went for Wenger, Edu stepped in and hit him, prompting security guards to pile in.

Arsenal's kitman was hit by the guards and got a broken nose (he wants to pursue an assault charge but Arsenal don't want him to).

Ferguson then came in and poked his walnut-nose in, ranting at the Arsenal players.

They told him to f*** off, he grabbed Fabregas who responded in kind.

Man Utd don't want any comebacks as Horseface started it and their stewards were out of order.

Ferguson also knows he shouldn't have gone into the changing room.

If Man Utd complain the kitman will pursue his claim, so expect it to be quietly buried.
So it is 1-nil to the Arsenal on dressing room fracas.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Webbie
Just found this on one of the gossip mailouts I receive (holymoly.co.uk)

So it is 1-nil to the Arsenal on dressing room fracas.

Think I will stick to coaching U-10s, they seem so much more adult then the overpaid prem ponces.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone reckon Oxford will break the cracking slump with a win tomorrow? or a draw even?
Against Cheltenham...??

And what's happened to the prediction league? they were amusing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.