Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:42 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Do you think he got that jumper from the last Hooker he called on ?
A few Bobby Robson quotes:-
We didn't underestimate them, they were a lot better than we thought.

All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody thinks
that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ.

We don't want our players to be monks, we want them to be better football
players because a monk doesn't play football at this level.

I do want to play the short ball and I do want to play the long ball. I
think long and short balls is what football is all about.

I played cricket for my local village. It was 40 overs per side, and the
team that had the most runs won. It was that sort of football.

I said to the lads in the dressing room at half time, I said, there was
nothing to say.

They're two points behind us, so we're neck and neck.

Well, we got nine and you can't score more than that.

He never fails to hit the target, but that was a miss.

There will be a game where somebody scores more than Brazil and that will be
the game they lose.

He's very fast and if he gets a yard ahead of himself, nobody will catch
him.

The first 90 minutes of a football match are the most important.

Dennis Law once kicked me at Wembley in front of the Queen in an
international. I mean, no man is entitled to do that really.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

no caption needed
Attached Thumbnails British Football thread-rooney.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
no caption needed
I like it manc,

Was going to give you some karma for that but see that you have given yourself a shed load of it, so i think i will keep it.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:09 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ducatiandy
Jambo don't know if you have heard yet but the stadium thing has reared it's ugly head again, seemingly Robinson is talking about selling the club now to a Lithuaniun businessman and the talk of the steamie is that this business man wants to keep tyncastle, It has come out that they have 3months to cooldown period on the Cala Homes deal.

Could this be another Chelski?
Just got home from a 5 day jaunt to sunny California. An interesting place where the Prerequisites for living there seem to be 1. Be rude as **** at all times and 2. Turn signals are there for decorative purposes only and need not be touched ever. Not sure how I did on the fantasy league at the weekend, will need to check in a minute. Just read about the Hearts story Andy. I'm always amazed how the BBC are able to get so much info from something that is kept under wraps. It sounds quite promising though. However if he has the dosh i'd be happier scrapping tynecastle and building a new stadium. Not sure I like the idea of a team full of his Lithuanian "prospects" though. One or two maybe.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:21 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jambo_2004
Just got home from a 5 day jaunt to sunny California.
Bank jobs was it ? We'll keep an eye out on America's Most Wanted for you..
Originally Posted by jambo_2004
Not sure how I did on the fantasy league at the weekend, will need to check in a minute.
Mid table obscurity I think it was for you.
Have posted the fixtures for Saturday (and the rest of September)
The EPL and SPL are taking a late summer season long weekend break at Pontins in Southport so only five games this Sat:
Hamilton Academicals v St Johnstone (Scotia 1st Div)
http://www.hamiltonacademical.co.uk/

Barrow AFC v Stalybridge Celtic (Conference North)
http://www.barrowfc.com/cowps/

Stockport County v Torquay United (English Division...Two ? One..? Championship...?)
http://www.stockportcounty.com/

Havant and Waterlooville v Cambridge City (Conference South)
http://www.havantandwaterlooville.net/

Airbus UK v Cwmbran (Welsh Premier League)
http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s356.htm
Footie related item:
"A 76 year old woman was found dead in Lincolnshire recently. She has no family and has left all her wordly belongings to her favourite footballer Michael Owen. Since she lived in council accomodation the 'estate' includes furntiure, tv, video, assorted videos featuring televised football matches with M.Owen playing, and one cat."

Back to criminal activities: Need a new DVD player but don't want to pay for it ? Do a google seach for other people's credit card numbers.*

*disclaimer - This link only provided for entertainment and information purposes only and you should NOT use this to get that blow up doll you spotted....
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:40 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Maybe it would be better if they relegated him several divisions..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/3619252.stm

D'Urso is suspended

The Premier League has suspended referee Andy D'Urso for 28 days for failing to apply the laws of the game.

D'Urso failed to send off Blackburn captain Barry Ferguson after showing him two yellow cards when Rovers played Southampton at St Mary's on 21 August.

The Essex-born official was dropped by the Premier League and the suspension runs from August 27 to September 23.

D'Urso's match report acknowledged his error and a sending off was included on Ferguson's disciplinary record.

Blackburn lost the match 3-2 after Southampton were given a controversial last-minute penalty.

Last edited by James Box; Sep 1st 2004 at 6:44 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:43 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mattbutt
The biggest moment in your life so far, what do you wear...A nice jumper that your nan bought you for Christmas. He could have at least worn a suit. Im sure if I was turning up for a 27m deal I would have forked out for a new suit!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/3618562.stm

Flanked by Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United chief executive David Gill, Rooney showed his former club no sentiment as he outlined his reasons for leaving Everton.

Gone was the jeans and sweater he wore on his first appearance at the Carrington training ground.

In their place was a more formal smart suit and tie as he was paraded as the new face of Manchester United.
Nan will be pissed
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:24 pm
@matthewb76

alright mingers.

I'm off to the northern wilds of Canada until Tuesday.

speak laters.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:53 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
alright mingers.

I'm off to the northern wilds of Canada until Tuesday.

speak laters.
See ya chav.
Don't forget your bling.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Webbie
See ya chav.
Don't forget your bling.

Talking of chavs I notice that they seem to wear Yankee hats, I occasionaly wear a yankee hat. Does that make me a chav? I also went to school in Staines?

Im starting to worry. Laters Geeze.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I also went to school in Staines?
You didn't hang out at the local McD's did ya
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:58 am

Talking of chavs I notice that they seem to wear Yankee hats, I occasionaly wear a yankee hat. Does that make me a chav? I also went to school in Staines?

Im starting to worry. Laters Geeze.
You are king chav Matt. Stop with the self denial and accept your mingingness.
(Is that even a word ?)
Anyways.."..to school in Staines"...grab your hat

and have a read of the Daily Chav Mail:

Tomorrow's Scummy:
"*Hugh Grant and Jemina Khan pictured snogging on a boat - and her looking under his towel.
*Rod Stewart booted a football off a stage and walloped the father-in-law of Paul Oakenfold, who went into convulsions. He's set to sue.
*Ally Ross: Prick
*FD's new book slags his fellow stars off. Cameron Diaz "Looks a bit like Zippy from Rainbow", while Noel Gallagher is "so ugly he has to be filmed from the waist down" and Aguilera is "A cross between Swampy and the Village People"
(Who the hell is FD ?)
*Two stalkers gatecrashed a backstage party for the Darkness. A German women had to be chucked out by security.
*La Newton says Charlotte Church's album is fantastic.
*Kelly Brook and Billy Zane pictured again together in LA.
*Kate Thornton has denied she slept with FD. "I'm good friends with Nicole and I'd never sleep with my best mate's ex"
*Pics of Ray Panthaki out and about with stitches above his eye.
*A woman bought some eggs from Tesco and one hatched.
*George and Lynne: The naked pair discuss local politics in bed."[/i]

One from the "you couldn't make this up" corner:
"Three men have been killed in a stampede of hundreds of shoppers rushing to claim vouchers at a new Ikea store in Saudi Arabia. Sixteen shoppers were hurt in the crush at the Swedish furniture store in the port city of Jeddah. The stampede was sparked by an offer of a voucher worth $150 (£83) for the first 250 shoppers to enter the shop. Around 8,000 people gathered outside the store to claim the vouchers, some camping overnight. When the shop opened at 10am, the crowd surged forward and trapped those at the front"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3618190.stm

Ikea. Saudi Arabia. $150. Three dead.
*shakes head*
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
You didn't hang out at the local McD's did ya
Shit, this is getting serious, yeah I did when i was about 14, then when some my mates looked old enough to get served we started hanging out at a telephone box drinking white lightning.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:47 am

Shit, this is getting serious, yeah I did when i was about 14, then when some my mates looked old enough to get served we started hanging out at a telephone box drinking white lightning.
All together now.... *chants*

"Chav, chav, chav, chav, chav,chav, chav, chav....wearing the bling....you chav."

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That's the good ole Staines I remember *l*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.