Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Aug 31st 2004, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British Football thread

Mr Blue till I die is offically going to be a rag after the clubs agreed a 25 million quid transfer deal it seems.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040831/2/6846.html
Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:10 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Balls, please

Could Clive Woodward be thinking about switching from rugby to association? Surely this story is 5 months too late for an April Fool!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/3613810.stm
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:18 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm disgusted at the treatment of Sir Bobby by Freddie Sheppard and his coke snorting cronies* at Newcastle.
I knew the chairmen of EPL clubs have little patience and you are in trouble even if you finish in the top five last season (cf. Houlier) but they are really starting to take the piss now.
There seems to be an unwritten rule at Newcastle - drop Shearer and get sacked. (Shearer was on the bench for the last game v Aston Villa. Ruud Hullet got his cards after he did the same thing.)
I really thought that the only way Sir Bobby would leave the barcodes was in a box. Cut him and he bleeds Newcastle Brown Ale.
Shoddy shocking treatment.

-------------
As for the bruiser going down the road to the smelly end of MCR. No surprise there. Newcastle is too far from his mates back in Bootle. He's still a kid and a bit of a lazy bastard* so he doesn't want to go too far from his home yet.

-------------
Transfer deadline today. No more signing until Jan 1st, so any teams short of a decent goalie/defender/midfield/striker are ****ed for the next five months until it opens again.

--------------
Prediction League - have entered the fixtures for the whole of September now if you want to do some research of the teams you are guessing on.

*allegedly
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats this Karma bollocks?

Webbie, I just gave you some karma, will you do me?

Im apparently unknown at this moment?

Off to meditate, hopefully I will be known once i return....

*lights incense*
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:37 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mattbutt
Webbie, will you do me?
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:54 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbutt
Whats this Karma bollocks?

Im apparently unknown at this moment?

Off to meditate, hopefully I will be known once i return....

*lights incense*
Done. You are on a distinguished road now.
But I've been on this road for ages despite receiving Karma from others, so its all a load of bollocks.

Where's the Michigan chav ? Perhaps he knows more about it.
Oh and whilst I'm on the subject:
-> Chav Scum Top Trumps (.pdf file - right click and save target as)
(My favourite is sit by the wheelie bin Chav)
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:14 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mattbutt]Whats this Karma bollocks?

QUOTE]

I want to know if I can do it to myself and will I go blind if I do it too often?
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by DaveC

I want to know if I can do it to myself and will I go blind if I do it too often?
Already did the other day.

Tried again just now but got this message:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DaveC again.
So sorry, you'll have to wait until I've been with somebody else.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DaveC

Just did it to you Dave, I havent gone blind yet but ive been doing it to other people...I will choose my wording wisely next time!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Forgot to say thanks for all the good karma...feeling much better now.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:01 am
Account Closed

The biggest moment in your life so far, what do you wear...A nice jumper that your nan bought you for Christmas. He could have at least worn a suit. Im sure if I was turning up for a 27m deal I would have forked out for a new suit!
Attached Thumbnails British Football thread-_40022086_rooney_autograph.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:43 am

Captions please people:

(We'll start with Matt's)
"My nan bought me this jumper !"

Tomorrow's Scummy:
"*Maxine Carr is demanding a boob job on the NHS, saying she is depressed after losing her 38DD breasts because of bouts of anorexia
*Rooney's £50k a week is enough for 1,100 visits to the "Auld Slapper"
*Charlotte Church's album has been put back because Sony bosses are saying it is 'crap'
*P Diddy pictured getting a buffet from the naked curves of a lady, at his party after the MTV awards
*Kelly Holmes dad says he wants to be reunited with her. She's having none of it.
*Jane Moore: Twunt
*A Jedi Academy, teaching Star Wars lessons, light saber use, speaking wookie, has been set up in Romania. (Sweet !)
*George Best showing the scars of where he was attacked last week in Liphook.
*FD has said he is planning to kill of Robbie Williams as a performer, replacing him with experimental electro music and the name Pure Francis.
*Usher is facing an investigation after a yacht's crewman died while the rap star was partying aboard.
*Gordon Ramsay is struggling to find eateries to critique for his Kitchen Nightmares - all the restaurants are avoiding his programme because they know he will savage them.
*George and Lynne: Lynne, fully clothed, finds out about her friend's troublesome children."

In line for the Newcastle job:
Steve Bruce (favourite)
Alan "play me or get fired" Shearer.
Terry Venables (Yes Terry Venables.)
Gerard Houllier
Plus the usual list from: Sam Allardyce, Martin O'Neill, AN Other Foreign manager.

That great Geordie thinker Gazza has said that they should go for his mate Shearer: "Give the lad a go. I've seen him on TV talking about it."

Talking about it and actually doing it are two completly different things Paul me ol' son. The phrase "He can talk a good game..." comes to mind.

Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:11 am
100% Pure

Originally Posted by Webbie
Captions please people:

(We'll start with Matt's)
"My nan bought me this jumper !"
United simultaneously unveil their new signing and their 5th new strip this season. The new top is based on a design from 1927-28 season and is on sale from September 1st priced at 50 Guineas and sixpence.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: British Football thread

Jambo don't know if you have heard yet but the stadium thing has reared it's ugly head again, seemingly Robinson is talking about selling the club now to a Lithuaniun businessman and the talk of the steamie is that this business man wants to keep tyncastle, It has come out that they have 3months to cooldown period on the Cala Homes deal.

Could this be another Chelski?
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Do you think he got that jumper from the last Hooker he called on ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.