Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:50 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by Webbie
Back online. Having grief the last few days and was blaming the ISP when in fact it was a shitty phone line. I've posted more about it on the Webblog.

FOOTIE PREDICTIONS - 19 out of 23 players have done theirs.
I don't want to become a spammer by constantly sending out reminders for people to do their predictions.
Ah well... if they forget to do them then they lose points.
Plus if they forget them for two weeks in a row I'll delete them from the league.

Will send a reminder now, but I'm not going to do this all the time.
Well, the smart ones will wait till the last day before making their predictions

Better to make your predictions early to keep Webbie happy and then revisit them on the last day
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:54 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

(Sorry to use this as a personal message board)

Message for Nelkna:
I've sent you an email but it keeps bouncing back.
Can you check at your end.

Cheers.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 6:10 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveC
I dunno, who's to say that Hibs aren't going to be in a similar situation in a couple of years? The supporters won't stomach a ground share at Easter Road but a new purpose built stadium for sharing would surely have more appeal.

Unless the council weigh in with some dosh, (and they'd be more likely to do that if there was a new stadium for groundsharing with Hibs) how are Hearts going to be able to finance a new stadium for themselves? All the cash from the Tynecastle sale is going to wipe out the current debt so there'd be nothing for a deposit. I suppose that a brand new facility would open up the possibility for other revenue streams (hotels, conferences).

I hope for Hearts sake that this isn't the beginning of the end, the papers today are full of gloom with Hearts having to stay at Murrayfield 'til 2009 and concerns over the future of players and management. On the bright side Murrayfield is close to Gorgie and if you can get into the UEFA cup group stages that should be quite lucrative.

What do you think of Foulkes? From what I've read he comes across quite well. We talk about famous supporters of teams, do you know of any multimillionaire Hearts fans out there? Foulkes is appealing to Edinburgh businessmen to come forward with an alternative package.
I would be happy to ground share with Hibs on a new stadium absolutly. This is 2004 and things have to move on. On paper the move should really boost our income, because we will be sharing the costs of running the stadium. However the SRU have not said how much it costs to run Murrayfield (a stadium that i'm guessing would be substantially more costly to run than tynie) nor has Robinson.

The SRU also stated they would like to move and build a brand new stadium next to the castle where a famous battle occured (Stirling?). A Hibs/Hearts joint venture to buy Murrayfield should also be looked at I reckon.

Stephen Hendry is the only wealthy "Hearts fan" I know of and I've never seen him in Tynecastle in the 25 years I went there, so I wont hold my breath with him.

Foulkes seems like his heart is in the right place. It makes a change to have someone who wants to try alternative means, unlike Robinson who couldnt give a toss if the club dies.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:02 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: British Football thread

Pool have completed the signings of Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia

Hopefully they won't get injured in training , but neither is due to play against City and can't play against Graz on Tuesday.

Should be a good season!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:07 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Box
Pool have completed the signings of Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia

Hopefully they won't get injured in training , but neither is due to play against City and can't play against Graz on Tuesday.

Should be a good season!
Ok is there some sort of Spanish swap going on ?

13 mill for Woodgate by the way - get tae ****.

Derek, Owen and now the (aquitted) bruiser.
The new Real manager fancies the English boys, whereas the language in Lidipool is now all Espanol. - Have they signed a contract with Telemundo or something ?
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:27 pm

The new Real manager fancies the English boys, whereas the language in Lidipool is now all Espanol. - Have they signed a contract with Telemundo or something ?
Yeah, Madrid will play in the EPL and Pool in La Liga

Actually it could be good for both teams by adding a new dimension to them.
Who woulda thought that Woodgate would cost more than Owen
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:41 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

Bono Estente! Hethethethethethe hethethethethethetheth, Chrissy Waddle.

or maybe Bono Estente! Hethethethethethe hethethethethethetheth, Stevie Gerrard.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 11:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jambo_2004
Bono Estente! Hethethethethethe hethethethethethetheth, Chrissy Waddle.

or maybe Bono Estente! Hethethethethethe hethethethethethetheth, Stevie Gerrard.
yeah but this is Merseyside,

Scorchio it ain't.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by manc1976
yeah but this is Merseyside,

Scorchio it ain't.
Calm downio Calm downio ?
Old Aug 21st 2004, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by James Box
Yeah, Madrid will play in the EPL and Pool in La Liga
You are not far off there...

Real's team now has Derek, Owen and the thug. Tra Englegsie.
In today's starting line-up Lidipool have two.
Carragher and Gerrard.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Our 100 % record ends in a well deserved 4-0 hiding at Hornchurch. Seems the 4th was a 40 yd lob over our keeper ( shades of Nayim from the halfway line ?)

Bollocks.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 5:08 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

Well it was an unusually good day for me in the prediction league dept. Three correct scores and three results. Should move me up the table nicely.
Best part of the day was seeing that Hearts stuffed Kilmarnock 3-0 (is justboy around? ) and Hibernian got raped by Rangers
Old Aug 21st 2004, 6:48 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Well it was an unusually good day for me in the prediction league dept. Three correct scores and three results. Should move me up the table nicely.
Best part of the day was seeing that Hearts stuffed Kilmarnock 3-0 (is justboy around? ) and Hibernian got raped by Rangers
Huh, I thought I hadn't done too badly today but I'm officially propping up the table. Never mind Aberdeen still haven't conceded a goal (Hearts are the only other SPL team in that position) and are having their strongest start to the season in years.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 7:09 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

Originally Posted by DaveC
Huh, I thought I hadn't done too badly today but I'm officially propping up the table. Never mind Aberdeen still haven't conceded a goal (Hearts are the only other SPL team in that position) and are having their strongest start to the season in years.
I think the results still have to be put up by the web man Dave. You got around 9 points by my calculations, so should move up the table.
Good result for the Dons today mate. Proof that any decent team starts in the defence. I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 4-3 personally.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 12:02 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i hang my head in shame!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.