Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Food in US Online

British Food in US Online

Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Mackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really nice
Default British Food in US Online

I am looking for a reasonable on-line merchant of Brit food.

I am currently able to get some items from an Indian food store, but they are ripping out my eyeballs with their pricing.

I live in the Florida area, though online shopping makes that superfluous.

So who do you recommend?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:26 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Food in US Online

Originally Posted by Mackem_FL

I am currently able to get some items from an Indian food store, but they are ripping out my eyeballs with their pricing.

So who do you recommend?
Do a search there are hundreds of threads on BE on this topic.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:06 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

does amazon.com have the stuff you are after - they have more than you might imagine.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used Amazon, but best bet is to wean yourself off.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 11:22 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
does amazon.com have the stuff you are after - they have more than you might imagine.
Will Amazon send me a big hot bag of chips with salt and lashings of vinegar? And maybe a buttered roll and a can of Tizer?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:19 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have used Amazon, but best bet is to wean yourself off.
True, but I've tried every brand of baked beans they sell round here - and they're all shite.

Originally Posted by tonrob
Will Amazon send me a big hot bag of chips with salt and lashings of vinegar? And maybe a buttered roll and a can of Tizer?
Sadly not. That's why I make my own chips - in lard.

Still, the OP did prompt me to set up a subscription with Amazon for Heinz Beans, which I'd been meaning to do for a while. This may be the first time in recorded history that a Mackem did something that had a positive result.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

onthepunt will become famous soon enoughonthepunt will become famous soon enough

do they readily sell Heinz Ketchup, Baked Beans and Colemans Mustard in the US? Im really worried how I am going to survive out there if they don't?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:52 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onthepunt
do they readily sell Heinz Ketchup, Baked Beans and Colemans Mustard in the US? Im really worried how I am going to survive out there if they don't?
Yes they do and if you can't find then there are more then enough alternatives.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:46 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

My Local US Supermarket shelf

Plus some British Bacon here ; http://www.britishbacon.com/comersus...rsus_index.asp

Most Indian Stores sell Orange Pekoe Tea which to me, is pretty close to typhoo in taste and strength. The same Indian stores often sell British beans by the case and much much more..
Attached Thumbnails British Food in US Online-img_0185.jpg   British Food in US Online-img_0186.jpg   British Food in US Online-img_0187.jpg  
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:42 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

have ordered from jollygrub.com before. Delivery not too bad (although it was mostly Creme Eggs I bought )
Old Jul 26th 2010, 4:17 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

So who do you recommend?
Was wondering where in Florida are you?

I have found British stores in several parts of Florida.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:53 pm
Taoseño

Noah-S is an unknown quantity at this point

So who do you recommend?
I have found the following company reliable and affordable. You can get on its email list for periodic updates of what's available, what's new, etc . . . Enjoy!

Noah (Taos, NM, USA)

British Food and English Tea in the USA - British Delights
mailto:[email protected]

British Delights Store
63 Power Road
Westford
MA 01886
Tel: (978)-392-0077
Fax: (978)-455-1973
Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

petersmall will become famous soon enough

In Florida some of the larger Publix stores have English food, in the ethnic food aisle, or in the Fort Lauderdale area there are a number of British Shops although they are not the cheapest.

And Tea!!! Walmart Value Brand~~ Awesome, if you like supermarket (ASDA etc) tea from the UK then this stuff is pretty close and only about $2 for 100 bags. Other than that you can get British Blend (not sure if it is Tetley or Typhoo) in pretty well all major supermarkets everywhere I have been, even deepest, darkest Virginia, thats stronger then the Walmart brand and more like the strong tea in the UK.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:10 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Barbara and John Jago-Ford are family friends who own The British Shoppe in Orlando. They also do mail-order.

The British Shoppe
809 N. Mills Avenue
Orlando, FL 32803
1-800-842-6674 or
407-898-1636
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

MACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really nice

there is a store that sells brit food stuffs on Ulmerton rd in Pinelas county, if thats anywhere near you, theres also an english pub that used to do english meals,the rose and crown.where are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.