Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British In Florida

British In Florida

Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:52 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British In Florida

Originally Posted by Jayne Lee
I have been living in Florida for over 5 years now and I still can't settle here. I've been homesick since I arrived but was determined to give it my best shot for the sake of my husband and kids. After 5 years I'm more than ready to go back. I miss the people, place and everything else that was familiar to me. I find Florida very superficial and bland. Having said that, it's going to be very difficult going back and starting again especially with the current exchange rate. Is there anyone else out there that has gone back to UK and started again with very little behind them?
Though I've not been to Florida, it doesn't strike me as representative of life in the US because it is such a tourist destination as well as it doesn't really have four seasons.

In the five years you've lived in FL, have you visited other parts of the US, even on the East Coast?

Also, do you have many American friends? Some are "superficial and bland", as you put it, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that all Americans are like that.

I really think there's some other part of the US that you'd like. It might not even be a place that you "fall in love" with immediately. Some places just grown on you.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:58 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British In Florida

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
. Some places just grown on you.
I though that was Roses