Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British In Florida

British In Florida

Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:28 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British In Florida

The new Florida board already seems to be becoming a magnet for realtors. Notice you now have our old friend emigratetotheusa advertising his services, e.g. here.

He was recently making a fool of himself on this particular board, e.g. here.

Have you formulated a policy for people advertising their services on the board? If not, I fear it may become a business promotion board rather than your stated intention.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The new Florida board already seems to be becoming a magnet for realtors. Notice you now have our old friend [.
But what make you think the owners are not someway connected to the property market be it Realtor or otherwise.... I'd lay money on it..
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But what make you think the owners are not someway connected to the property market be it Realtor or otherwise.... I'd lay money on it..
No idea. The OP stated his intentions otherwise when questioned. I think he is either a little naive, in which case we can maybe help him out a little, or it really is just a marketing ploy. The jury's out at the moment.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

www.BritClub.us is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray

Nope, It is for Britis in FLorida, Not for selling stuff, I will have to sort out a policy. For now I will stick all posts like that in the British Business section.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:46 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by www.BritClub.us
Nope, It is for Britis in FLorida, Not for selling stuff, I will have to sort out a policy. For now I will stick all posts like that in the British Business section.
It's certainly a delicate and tricky balance running a forum. Will pop by from time to time to see how you're doin'...
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's certainly a delicate and tricky balance running a forum. Will pop by from time to time to see how you're doin'...

Yeah im learning fast, well if you could do that then thanks, maybe if u could sign up and say hello. I need all the members I can get at the min.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:55 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Why is that?
Oh sorry. Not what you want to hear that you are new here. I have in fact been here a long time. It's just not for me. The sun is nice and houses are pretty big and lots of beaches.... but I am just not happy here. The British culture is like no other. Good luck to you with your club.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by callë
Oh sorry. Not what you want to hear that you are new here. I have in fact been here a long time. It's just not for me. The sun is nice and houses are pretty big and lots of beaches.... but I am just not happy here. The British culture is like no other. Good luck to you with your club.

Yeah, I do get home sick but I am trying to make it a bit easier with this website. + I got myself an English girlfriend out here so that all helps.

So how long did you give it before you said you would go back?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:19 pm
'ey up flower

englishrosebud will become famous soon enough

Ahhh, I was waiting for that.

Well I moved here because of Business and to join family.

I Liked England but the opportunity I had here was to great to turn down.

It's not like I have anything against the Americans its just I miss the british sense of humor.

I hear you! As much as I like my American friends, and appreciate my American husband for making every effort to appreciate Fawlty Towers, it's just not the same. I have a dry British sense of humour, and I really don't want it to disappear I visited your new site, but the icon to register just wouldn't work. Any ideas. It's probably me...having a brain fart!!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

VFRpilot is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I do get home sick but I am trying to make it a bit easier with this website. + I got myself an English girlfriend out here so that all helps.

So how long did you give it before you said you would go back?

We have been here quite a long time. Its strange that despite our attempts at getting close to some of the locals, our circle of Friends (with one Aussie exception) are all British
Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: British In Florida - What a Nightmare.

It's gone, ahhhhh....

Well after so many people trying to sign up and reporting problems to me with the forum we took it offline, re-installed it and got it all running again.

We have lost all the posts that we have before but well, this time I won't let that that be an issue.

So it's all back up and working, a little empty but it's back.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Jayne Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by callë
Welcome. I'm in Florida. But I dont like it and I'm going home.

I have been living in Florida for over 5 years now and I still can't settle here. I've been homesick since I arrived but was determined to give it my best shot for the sake of my husband and kids. After 5 years I'm more than ready to go back. I miss the people, place and everything else that was familiar to me. I find Florida very superficial and bland. Having said that, it's going to be very difficult going back and starting again especially with the current exchange rate. Is there anyone else out there that has gone back to UK and started again with very little behind them?

Last edited by Jayne Lee; Jan 19th 2005 at 5:33 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:34 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jayne Lee
I have been living in Florida for over 5 years now and I still can't settle here. I've been homesick since I arrived but was determined to give it my best shot for the sake of my husband and kids. After 5 years I'm more than ready to go back. I miss the people, place and everything else that was familiar to me. I find Florida very superficial and bland. Having said that, it's going to be very difficult going back and starting again especially with the current exchange rate. Is there anyone else out there that has gone back to UK and started again with very little behind them?
If you're not happy in FL, have you thought about moving elsewhere in the country? The US is so big that other states may be more appealing.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:37 pm
Septicity

Is there anyone else out there that has gone back to UK and started again with very little behind them?
You'd probably be better asking that question here.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to here that.... Of course it nots easy to re-start ..and then of course you will work longer and harder here... But there are many advantageous as well...Do you live in a city or rural..life can be so different in each...
But after living here for 5 years, I think you will find enormous changes back in the UK ...perhaps a time back there may help you ..
On my last visit I went for 3 weeks ..and I would have been very happy to be back on that plane in a week..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.