Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British In Florida

British In Florida

Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

www.BritClub.us is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British In Florida

Hello, I have just moved to Orlando, Florida from South London.

I have set myself up a website looking for other Brits in Florida, I have met a few others and they have all said they found it hard when they first moved over and wish they had advice from other Brits.

http://www.britclub.us

I wanted to know if there are any other Brits who have made the move to Florida, and what they think of it now?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:09 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British In Florida

Originally Posted by www.BritClub.us

I have set myself up a website looking for other Brits in Florida, I have met a few others and they have all said they found it hard when they first moved over and wish they had advice from other Brits.

I wanted to know if there are any other Brits who have made the move to Florida, and what they think of it now?
Wonder whether this will work with: "I work in Real Estate dealing with British people buying investment property." in the intro on the site? Is it going to be a marketing tool for your business or an impartial discussion site?

Last edited by fatbrit; Jan 12th 2005 at 8:09 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Wonder whether this will work with: "I work in Real Estate dealing with British people buying investment property." in the intro on the site? Is it going to be a marketing tool for your business or an impartial discussion site?
It's now gone.. Its a personal site. NOTHING to do with business, It's to find other brits and not for promo for a business.

Last edited by www.BritClub.us; Jan 12th 2005 at 8:17 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

It's now gone.. Its a personal site. NOTHING to do with business, It's to find other brits and not for promo for a business.
Just wonderin'...
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Ah ok, It did sound like that when I had a look at it. All Fixed now.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:30 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

There is an established website called www.meetup.com which includes a British Expats group based on city and or/area. I'm sure there's a handful of British expat groups in the state of FL already...

NC Penguin
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:44 pm
Septicity

Ah ok, It did sound like that when I had a look at it. All Fixed now.
So, what's the USP of your board going to be?

There are already busy boards for Brits in the USA and boards for Brits in FL. There are also boards as offshoots of boards where a subgroup got pissed with the owner. What's your reason?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So, what's the USP of your board going to be?

There are already busy boards for Brits in the USA and boards for Brits in FL. There are also boards as offshoots of boards where a subgroup got pissed with the owner. What's your reason?
Well I have been to a British Club meeting here and they did not have a website, there were a lot of people there that said they would like one. They all said they had not found one or if they did they did not like it. So i built this on what they said they wanted.

I know there are many forum out there but I never found one that I really liked for British In Florida, It was 95% full of people wanting to move to Florida, And not much from people already here.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:54 pm
Septicity

Well I have been to a British Club meeting here and they did not have a website, there were a lot of people there that said they would like one. They all said they had not found one or if they did they did not like it. So i built this on what they said they wanted.

I know there are many forum out there but I never found one that I really liked for British In Florida, It was 95% full of people wanting to move to Florida, And not much from people already here.
Sounds fun! Good luck!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

I hope so, Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:06 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

It was 95% full of people wanting to move to Florida, And not much from people already here.
Good luck getting past that one! (Just please don't refer them back here.)
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the new venture...
it has always baffled me though why people would travel 4500 and want to be back with the same people....
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Ahhh, I was waiting for that.

Well I moved here because of Business and to join family.

I Liked England but the opportunity I had here was to great to turn down.

It's not like I have anything against the Americans its just I miss the british sense of humor.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:58 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, I was waiting for that.

Well I moved here because of Business and to join family.

I Liked England but the opportunity I had here was to great to turn down.

It's not like I have anything against the Americans its just I miss the british sense of humor.

Welcome. I'm in Florida. But I dont like it and I'm going home.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by callë
Welcome. I'm in Florida. But I dont like it and I'm going home.

Why is that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.