Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Emporium, Grapevine TX

British Emporium, Grapevine TX

Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:58 am
Just Joined

goldie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: British Emporium, Grapevine TX

Hi! Just wanted to respond to your replies on the 'Cadburys' question.
Jerseygirl: Thanks for mentioning Candian British shops. My sister's hoping to move to Canada in the next couple of years, so I'll bear that one in mind!

Woodstock: Thanks also for responding. Wow, I think if those bars had been in my fridge, they wouldn't last very long!! I'm in North Texas and have found creme eggs so have stocked up on those to keep the pangs at bay. Next time I head back to the UK, I'll be that strange lady loading my trolley with heaps of Cadburys bars from the Tescos shelves!! I always do a 'supermarket sweep' the day before I fly back to the US to keep me going for the next six months!

Again, thanks for the replies and sorry for not responding sooner!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldie
Jerseygirl: Thanks for mentioning Candian British shops. My sister's hoping to move to Canada in the next couple of years, so I'll bear that one in mind!

Woodstock: Thanks also for responding. Wow, I think if those bars had been in my fridge, they wouldn't last very long!! I'm in North Texas and have found creme eggs so have stocked up on those to keep the pangs at bay. Next time I head back to the UK, I'll be that strange lady loading my trolley with heaps of Cadburys bars from the Tescos shelves!! I always do a 'supermarket sweep' the day before I fly back to the US to keep me going for the next six months!

Cadbury's chocs are sold in most stores in Ontario. You can also get hot cross buns, crumpets, choc. digestive biscuits to name a few, they are Canadian products so aren't expensive to buy.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:29 am
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Cadbury's chocs are sold in most stores in Ontario. You can also get hot cross buns, crumpets, choc. digestive biscuits to name a few, they are Canadian products so aren't expensive to buy.
JG, you ever visited The British Connection store down in Smithville?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldie

Target sometimes have the real cadburys in (as opposed to the Hersheys licenced stuff)
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:41 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs.jenjen
I just wanted to say how great this place is. I went last week and had such a nice time - I got all the essentials, HP Sauce, Baked Beans, Sausages, Jammie Dodgers, PG tips etc and also had a really nice conversation with a couple of really friendly brits in the process - the owner of the store included (she comes from my home town!) Not bad for $30!!

If you're anywhere in the DFW metroplex, I really recommend giving it a visit. It totally cured my homesickness, and it was so nice to speak to people who had the same accent as me.

Sorry if this isn't the place for recomendations, but I had to mention it.

Yeah, alright ... but just who is this Yorkie Bitter guy anyway?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
JG, you ever visited The British Connection store down in Smithville?
No I haven't. I live in Morris County, Gary's Wine Stores sell a good range of British choc. and groceries. Also the Irish Store in Bridgewater Mall sells a good range too. Quite a lot of the supermarkets sell bit and bobs in the international section. There is also a English Tea Shop in Chester called Sally Lunnes that sell a good selection of products. Also our daughter is at uni. in Toronto so we get quite a bit from there.