Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Emporium, Grapevine TX

British Emporium, Grapevine TX

Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:13 am
Just Joined

mrs.jenjen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up British Emporium, Grapevine TX

I just wanted to say how great this place is. I went last week and had such a nice time - I got all the essentials, HP Sauce, Baked Beans, Sausages, Jammie Dodgers, PG tips etc and also had a really nice conversation with a couple of really friendly brits in the process - the owner of the store included (she comes from my home town!) Not bad for $30!!

If you're anywhere in the DFW metroplex, I really recommend giving it a visit. It totally cured my homesickness, and it was so nice to speak to people who had the same accent as me.

Sorry if this isn't the place for recomendations, but I had to mention it.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:24 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Emporium, Grapevine TX

Originally Posted by mrs.jenjen
I just wanted to say how great this place is. I went last week and had such a nice time - I got all the essentials, HP Sauce, Baked Beans, Sausages, Jammie Dodgers, PG tips etc and also had a really nice conversation with a couple of really friendly brits in the process - the owner of the store included (she comes from my home town!) Not bad for $30!!

If you're anywhere in the DFW metroplex, I really recommend giving it a visit. It totally cured my homesickness, and it was so nice to speak to people who had the same accent as me.

Yeah, I was there last week too. Went in to buy a St. Andrews cross number plate for my new motor and ended up with a basketfull of other stuff. How was I to know they'd have British easter eggs? Washed my Salt and Vinegar Hula Hoops down with a can of Lilt.

Hey, if you're in Arlington try the Bombay Bazaar in the shopping center at Fielder and Randol Mill. They have an aisle full of British goods.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:32 am
Just Joined

mrs.jenjen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveC
Yeah, I was there last week too. Went in to buy a St. Andrews cross number plate for my new motor and ended up with a basketfull of other stuff. How was I to know they'd have British easter eggs? Washed my Salt and Vinegar Hula Hoops down with a can of Lilt.

Hey, if you're in Arlington try the Bombay Bazaar in the shopping center at Fielder and Randol Mill. They have an aisle full of British goods.
I am going to that Bombay Bazaar tomorrow. If they have Jammie Dodgers you are officially my newest best friend. Its practically walking distance from me!!! So far I've been stuck with the International Food store on Cooper St if I haven't had time to go through the tolls at DFW - but that place absolutely stinks (literally). I stopped going there when I discovered they had cans of custard with a sell by date of 2002. Eugh!!

The British Emporium is dangerous, isn't it? I went in for HP sauce, and came out with Hot cross buns, Sausages and a whole heap of other stuff. The last time I went I racked up a bill of $60 and hubby banned me from going again for the next few months.. whoops!!

Where do you live in DFW?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:26 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to that Bombay Bazaar tomorrow. If they have Jammie Dodgers you are officially my newest best friend. Its practically walking distance from me!!! So far I've been stuck with the International Food store on Cooper St if I haven't had time to go through the tolls at DFW - but that place absolutely stinks (literally). I stopped going there when I discovered they had cans of custard with a sell by date of 2002. Eugh!!

The British Emporium is dangerous, isn't it? I went in for HP sauce, and came out with Hot cross buns, Sausages and a whole heap of other stuff. The last time I went I racked up a bill of $60 and hubby banned me from going again for the next few months.. whoops!!

Where do you live in DFW?
I hadn't been to the British Emporium in a while so I was spending a bit more than usual. Stopped short of paying $9 for the Sunday Times though.

I'm in North West Fort Worth but my sister-in-law lives in Arlington a couple of miles from the Bombay Bazaar and we're over visiting them all the time. Next door to the Bazaar is a pretty good Indian Restaurant. Don't go too early in the morning though as I don't think they open 'til 11 or 12. I got caught out once before when I arrived too early to pick up my Little Britain Season 2 tape - they do PAL to NTSC video conversion.

Never tried the International Food Store. If you get through to Fort Worth, Central Market has a small selection of British food. I frequently top up on Ribena there! It's at I-30 and Hulen.

How long have you been in Arlington? We wouldn't have minded mind living there but we couldn't find anywhere we liked in our price range.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:28 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, we were back in the British Emporium last week for the first time in months.

The Smarties easter eggs were certainly a success!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I've not been to the British Emporium yet but I did go to World Service UK on Saturday and spent just under $100, ouch, I couldn't help myself.

We ended up with Cadbury's Heroes eggs and Flake eggs for the children, prawn cocktail crisps, snowflakes, minstrels, Angel Delight (makes great milkshakes) refreshers, OK magazine, a couple of stickers for the car, can't remember what else

I only managed to not buy pies and sausages because we had to go and pick up my youngest from a birthday party and they would have started to defrost.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

MrsG has a spectacular aura aboutMrsG has a spectacular aura aboutMrsG has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DaveC
I hadn't been to the British Emporium in a while so I was spending a bit more than usual. Stopped short of paying $9 for the Sunday Times though.

I'm in North West Fort Worth but my sister-in-law lives in Arlington a couple of miles from the Bombay Bazaar and we're over visiting them all the time. Next door to the Bazaar is a pretty good Indian Restaurant. Don't go too early in the morning though as I don't think they open 'til 11 or 12. I got caught out once before when I arrived too early to pick up my Little Britain Season 2 tape - they do PAL to NTSC video conversion.

Never tried the International Food Store. If you get through to Fort Worth, Central Market has a small selection of British food. I frequently top up on Ribena there! It's at I-30 and Hulen.

How long have you been in Arlington? We wouldn't have minded mind living there but we couldn't find anywhere we liked in our price range.

We aren't far from the Bombay Bazaar and came across it by accident while we were searching for a jar of curry sauce. It's got a brilliant selection of sweeties and they also sell huge bags of teabags. Over 1100 Pg tips for something like $30.....
You have to check the sell by dates on their curry sauce though!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:20 am
Just Joined

goldie will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know whether any of these places sell the large 400gr bars of Cadburys Dairy Milk chocolate? The only ones I've seen have Hersheys marked on them which just aren't the same. I tend to stock up when going back to the uk but have almost run out and am a real choc-o-holic!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:33 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I got all the essentials, HP Sauce, Baked Beans, Sausages, Jammie Dodgers, PG tips etc
I really recommend giving it a visit. It totally cured my homesickness
I wish a bottle of brown sause and a few biscuits could cure my homesickness
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldie
Does anyone know whether any of these places sell the large 400gr bars of Cadburys Dairy Milk chocolate? The only ones I've seen have Hersheys marked on them which just aren't the same. I tend to stock up when going back to the uk but have almost run out and am a real choc-o-holic!!
Canadian duty free stores.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:47 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I've not been to the British Emporium yet but I did go to World Service UK on Saturday and spent just under $100, ouch, I couldn't help myself.

We ended up with Cadbury's Heroes eggs and Flake eggs for the children, prawn cocktail crisps, snowflakes, minstrels, Angel Delight (makes great milkshakes) refreshers, OK magazine, a couple of stickers for the car, can't remember what else

I only managed to not buy pies and sausages because we had to go and pick up my youngest from a birthday party and they would have started to defrost.
I've never made it to BE yet, but I was also at World Service last week. Managed to get some porridge and golden syrup....white chocy buttons (for my daughter)....and as many monster munch pickled onion crisps as I could Oh I also got the prawn cocktail and Tomato ketchup's for my wife.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

larryg is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll second that. Sheela and Alex do a great job. They still have a few Easter eggs left, BTW.

FYI - I got an email from them the other day, and Friday they're celebrating the Queen's 80th birthday with cake, champagne, bagpipes, and late hours. (Also celebrating St. George's Day).

Sounds like a good excuse to gather!

--Larry
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

bodelo will become famous soon enough

If anyone is in the S.California area there is a British Emporium there in Upland also, first time I found it I thought Id just spend like $20....I spent $200

Anyways its on Central about a block south of Foothill and about a couple of blocks north of the 10 freeway, East side of the road.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodelo
If anyone is in the S.California area there is a British Emporium there in Upland also, first time I found it I thought Id just spend like $20....I spent $200

Anyways its on Central about a block south of Foothill and about a couple of blocks north of the 10 freeway, East side of the road.
yep just down the road from us, not sure how long it is since you've been but I actually think its a bit crappy, not much choice and they take the 'sell by' date stickers off things too which I'm not impressed with. Still manage to spend a small fortune though, mainly on angel delight for my chav daughter.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldie
How much are you willing to pay? I currently have 10 of the large bars in my cupboard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.