Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

british elections

Wikiposts

british elections

Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:38 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british elections

Originally Posted by immunise
Absolutely spot on! It is torture...so disorganised, a blame culture and so much more red tape than the NHS....and ALL the bloody paperwork! The most alarming thing for me was the lack of generally accepted standards, and I don't just mean between hospitals or states but among healthcare workers in general...at least the NHS has common operating standards and protocols!
It's not just in healthcare either - I had a discussion with a guy who couldn't understand the benefit of different departments in our organization doing the same task the same way.....wtf?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:16 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
It's not just in healthcare either - I had a discussion with a guy who couldn't understand the benefit of different departments in our organization doing the same task the same way.....wtf?

A lot of it comes down tot the American way of loving loads of red tape....im often surprised that things work at all.

PS Englishnurse its not so much a case of coming over and slagging it off, more a case of attempting ro rationalise a new life. That and of course a lot of Brits are sold another lie by the British media about how wonderful life abroad is...but thats for another thread.

As for politicians? They are the saem the world over...blatant lies, making up statistics to suit themselves. I personally think a political party's election manifesto should form a legal contract with the public....if they get elected based on that manifesto them completely ignore it and do whatever they want once in power then the public can hold them in breach of contract.

Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
A lot of it comes down tot the American way of loving loads of red tape....im often surprised that things work at all.

PS Englishnurse its not so much a case of coming over and slagging it off, more a case of attempting ro rationalise a new life. That and of course a lot of Brits are sold another lie by the British media about how wonderful life abroad is...but thats for another thread.

As for politicians? They are the saem the world over...blatant lies, making up statistics to suit themselves. I personally think a political party's election manifesto should form a legal contract with the public....if they get elected based on that manifesto them completely ignore it and do whatever they want once in power then the public can hold them in breach of contract.
couldnt agree more, and anyway no matter where anyone is or what they do moaning is always a good cleanser for the soul.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 4:35 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishnurse
couldnt agree more, and anyway no matter where anyone is or what they do moaning is always a good cleanser for the soul.
I pay taxes here, I'm entitled to bitch and moan when something doesn't seem right.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 4:52 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishnurse
h i am amazed by the amount of british people who move to the usa and spend their spare time slagging it off whats that all about then??? maybe the british are just a nation of moaners!!!
Yep, we are a nation of moaners

However, I also think that a lot of people have (a) unrealistic expectations of the US, and (b) think they 'know' the US because they've been here on holidays and have seen lots of movies and 'isn't the UK becoming more like the US' etc etc - and then when they get here they get a culture shock because it is so different from what they had expected.

Couple that with being away from friends and family, and having to build a whole new life, and it's not always easy.

Anyway, bitching here helps us let off steam
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:07 pm
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all

Thank God i live in the USA and do not have to hear the constant party political broadcasts, however the elections here back in November were some what amusing especially the run up to
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dragonfly
Thank God i live in the USA and do not have to hear the constant party political broadcasts, however the elections here back in November were some what amusing especially the run up to
yeeeehah comes to mind
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I pay taxes here, I'm entitled to bitch and moan when something doesn't seem right.
heheh many a true word spoken