Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

british elections

british elections

Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default british elections

one good thing about you all living in the usa now is you dont have to put up with the usual empty promises and lies bandied around because its election time even the micheal jackson trial isnt getting as much coverage as i would have thought.
its certainly a good time of the year in good old blighty to go away for a very extended holiday!
lol

Last edited by englishnurse; Mar 27th 2005 at 8:14 pm. Reason: adittions
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:14 pm
ImHere

Default Re: british elections

You dont beleive the politicians? Im shocked!

Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
You dont beleive the politicians? Im shocked!
heheheh
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by englishnurse
heheheh
i work in the nhs what do you think???
apparently the nhs is performing fantastically well :scared: this statement obviously makes me realise that all political people tell the truth and are honest and trustworthy
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:26 pm
enter the twiglet zone...

alien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to all
Smile Re: british elections

but did poor mrs dixon get her operation yet....?? :
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alien species
but did poor mrs dixon get her operation yet....?? :

lmao
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:37 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

one good thing about you all living in the usa now is you dont have to put up with the usual empty promises and lies bandied around because its election time even the micheal jackson trial isnt getting as much coverage as i would have thought.
its certainly a good time of the year in good old blighty to go away for a very extended holiday!
lol
That's right we live in a country full of upstanding politicians and have an excellent president running the country!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoB1833
That's right we live in a country full of upstanding politicians and have an excellent president running the country!
could be worse, they could have dispensed with the puppet and gone straight with big dick himself...
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

immunise is on a distinguished road

i work in the nhs what do you think???
apparently the nhs is performing fantastically well :scared: this statement obviously makes me realise that all political people tell the truth and are honest and trustworthy
I think when you get here and work in a US hospital you will VERY quickly come to appreciate how good the NHS actually is!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:54 pm
ImHere

My wifes a nurse. She absolutely detests working in a US hospital. Although the pay is 2.5 times as good the work is terrible. Well paid skivvies in most cases.

Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:58 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

one good thing about you all living in the usa now is you dont have to put up with the usual empty promises and lies bandied around because its election time ......lol
No, we get empty promises and lies all year round.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

immunise is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ImHere
My wifes a nurse. She absolutely detests working in a US hospital. Although the pay is 2.5 times as good the work is terrible. Well paid skivvies in most cases.
Absolutely spot on! It is torture...so disorganised, a blame culture and so much more red tape than the NHS....and ALL the bloody paperwork! The most alarming thing for me was the lack of generally accepted standards, and I don't just mean between hospitals or states but among healthcare workers in general...at least the NHS has common operating standards and protocols!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

megs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dunroving
No, we get empty promises and lies all year round.
and an election process that lasts two years!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing said to date that I didn't already know.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by immunise
Absolutely spot on! It is torture...so disorganised, a blame culture and so much more red tape than the NHS....and ALL the bloody paperwork! The most alarming thing for me was the lack of generally accepted standards, and I don't just mean between hospitals or states but among healthcare workers in general...at least the NHS has common operating standards and protocols!
heheh the grass isnt always greener is it!?!
personally i love the nhs
what i dont love is the way it is used as political ammunition by people who dont know what its like to work within it. They basically manipulate figures to show improvement, when generally things havnt really changed. They also take the credit for improvement when at the end of the day if the staff didnt work as hard as they do, in increasingly harder conditions, then it would all fall flat on its arse.
Politics is the same the world over, pointless manipulation for one persons advantage. i was only pointing out that our news is full of the same crap it always is when elections begin, i certainly wasnt saying that you had it any easier, by the way i am amazed by the amount of british people who move to the usa and spend their spare time slagging it off whats that all about then??? maybe the british are just a nation of moaners!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.