Reload this Page >

BRITISH COMPANIES IN LOS ANGELES

BRITISH COMPANIES IN LOS ANGELES

Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

alsvartra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BRITISH COMPANIES IN LOS ANGELES

hi
does anybody know where I can find out about British Companies in Los Angeles?
or of any British companies in Los Angeles?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRITISH COMPANIES IN LOS ANGELES

Originally Posted by alsvartra
hi
does anybody know where I can find out about British Companies in Los Angeles?
or of any British companies in Los Angeles?
That's a very vague question. What exactly do you need to know about them?

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

alsvartra is an unknown quantity at this point

well im english I have a E2 visa and I want to live bk in LA but need a british company for the visa.
Animal industry mainly as thats what im qualified in animal management / dog grooming.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alsvartra
well im english I have a E2 visa and I want to live bk in LA but need a british company for the visa.
Animal industry mainly as thats what im qualified in animal management / dog grooming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-2_visa

The E2 Investor Visa allows an individual to enter and work inside of the United States based on an investment he or she will be controlling, while inside the United States.

From the description of an E2 visa, above, if you already have the E2 visa, then it means you've already made the investment. If you have the E2 visa in hand, you're past the point of looking for a business...it means you've already invested in a business.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2012, 4:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-2_visa

The E2 Investor Visa allows an individual to enter and work inside of the United States based on an investment he or she will be controlling, while inside the United States.

From the description of an E2 visa, above, if you already have the E2 visa, then it means you've already made the investment. If you have the E2 visa in hand, you're past the point of looking for a business...it means you've already invested in a business.

Rene
E2 Employee?
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

SheffieldGuy is just really niceSheffieldGuy is just really niceSheffieldGuy is just really niceSheffieldGuy is just really niceSheffieldGuy is just really niceSheffieldGuy is just really niceSheffieldGuy is just really niceSheffieldGuy is just really nice

Hi

I'm an E2 employee.

You may notice that the company that transfered you is actually named on your VISA.

The E2 VISA is a very specific VISA set up to allow investors (or employees of investors) to transfer from the UK to USA. It's not a usual method of entry - like I said it's very company specific.

Firstly, the company must be registered as a Treaty Investor. Then, to send employees, it must prove that the employee has essential skills not readily available in the US workforce.

I don't believe it it's he type of VISA you can just 'transfer' from one employer to another. It's my undestanding that if you no longer work for the company who transfered you to the USA then your VISA is no longer valid.

I may be wrong but thats how I see it.

Good luck