Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Bobbies in New York, Sept 7th!

British Bobbies in New York, Sept 7th!

Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:56 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light
Default British Bobbies in New York, Sept 7th!

Just saw this heartwarming story on the local news.

A young British lad is in New York for treatment at Sloan Kettering and his bills have topped $1 mill. As part of a fundraiser sixteen officers (in full uniform) from London have come over to ride bikes from New York City to Rhode island all for this little guy. NYPD are joining too.

A double decker bus and a london police car will go along for the ride. Jack hopes to ride shotgun!

Incidentally the hospital have said they will continue to treat him regardless of the family's situ.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5642166
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Bobbies in New York, Sept 7th!

Originally Posted by looselips
Just saw this heartwarming story on the local news.

A young British lad is in New York for treatment at Sloan Kettering and his bills have topped $1 mill. As part of a fundraiser sixteen officers (in full uniform) from London have come over to ride bikes from New York City to Rhode island all for this little guy. NYPD are joining too.

A double decker bus and a london police car will go along for the ride. Jack hopes to ride shotgun!

Incidentally the hospital have said they will continue to treat him regardless of the family's situ.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5642166

i'd love to see them, i'd be there waving my union flag and cheering them on
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:19 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i'd love to see them, i'd be there waving my union flag and cheering them on
Me too! They showed them practicing through Central Park. Quite surreal.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:46 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Is cancer not treated on the NHS then?

did this poor kid live in the wrong postcode district?

I love the Bobbies sentiments, but if the treatment cannot be done in the UK at least the NHS should still pay for it to be done wherever the best chance of success is.

You can get viagara and boob jobs and sex changes on the fucking NHS, yet this poor family have to beg steal and borrow cos he has cancer?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Is cancer not treated on the NHS then?

did this poor kid live in the wrong postcode district?

I love the Bobbies sentiments, but if the treatment cannot be done in the UK at least the NHS should still pay for it to be done wherever the best chance of success is.

You can get viagara and boob jobs and sex changes on the fucking NHS, yet this poor family have to beg steal and borrow cos he has cancer?
"Jack Brown has a rare childhood cancer called neuroblastoma, which attacks the nervous system. His condition is considered virtually incurable, except at one hospital in New York."

We have some pioneering and experimental type treatments for rare diseases and conditions in the UK, but not for all.

Last edited by Tootsie Frickensprinkles; Sep 8th 2007 at 9:12 am.