Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Bacon and Bangers

British Bacon and Bangers

Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:37 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British Bacon and Bangers

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Whole Foods it is then.
I'll try to find one near by.
Is there any particular type of bread that I should go for ??
I think if you fry it in LARD then your home and dry - it could be stale sourdough as by the time the LARD hits it, it'll taste yummy...

Anyone try, bread and dripping and Marmite - YUM
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:13 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by franc111s
Anyone try, bread and dripping and Marmite - YUM
My grandparents used to feed me that as a kid, I loved it. Can't say that I would be able to stomach it now though.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of places in Orlando offering "Real" British breakfasts with British bacon, sausage and heinz baked beans. The places generally have a dress code though - footy shirt and Union Jack shorts! You could just as well be in the Med in some places...
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:45 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Serious suggestions only please.

If it can't be fried or bbq'd I'm not making it.
I buy my bread for a local gem of a bakery called Guglhupf . They've won a lot of accolades, both local and national, and they ship. Haven sampled most of their bread selection, you'll find even their 100% wheat breads superior to any grocery store bread.

I'd say their bread is better than their patisserie but their cakes are great too.

I miss the Borodinsky bread found in Waitrose but I've not seen any similar bread anywhere in the US...

NC Penguin
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:33 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by RoB1833
My grandparents used to feed me that as a kid, I loved it. Can't say that I would be able to stomach it now though.
My Dad used to make us Dripping on Toast as kids... I explained it to my wife one day who almost gagged at the thought of it ! I used to love it !
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:35 am

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by franc11s
Just ordered about 10 pounds of meat from the www.britishbacon.com web site that somebody here shared a while back. Anyone tried it already themselves? I'll post back what I find.
I got some bacon from wisechoice in Ohio - they import it and I found after I'd received it, that the importers are just down the road from me. I've had a nightmare finding a butcher that does decent bacon over here !
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:32 pm

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Well it all just arrived, DHL, next day.

Total price was $113 (63 quid) including delivery.

4 pound packs of pork and sage bangers - $6.45 each pack
4 pound (8 packs) of back bacon) -$4.50 each pack
2 pounds of sausage rolls - $6.95 a pound
1 pound of chipolatas - $6.45 a pound.

Add about $3 per pound for shipping so bacon works out to be $6 a pack. They are over $9 here in our local store.

Next time, I'll order more for my friends and save on the shipping..
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:36 pm

Everyone who wants your local harrys or whole foods to stock this stuff.

Complete this form to suggest new foods..

Tell them about www.britishbacon.com it'll take to 20 seconds to complete... You never know....

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/contact/index.html
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:42 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
My Dad used to make us Dripping on Toast as kids... I explained it to my wife one day who almost gagged at the thought of it ! I used to love it !
I used to eat pigs' feet as a kid. Can't imagine doing that now
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:08 pm

Mind you - they are still popular in the stores down here !
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:19 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you - they are still popular in the stores down here !
Nothing goes to waste in the south

Is tripe available too ???
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:23 pm

Nothing goes to waste in the south

Is tripe available too ???
I have no idea.... maybe I should get some for the kids for dinner.....
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:28 pm
Thinking about it

I have no idea.... maybe I should get some for the kids for dinner.....
If its for the kids' dinner I'd go for the tripe dinosaurs in bread crumbs myself (aka tripe-o-saurs)
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I did too and could still do it now, infact I'd love a trotter and a few eels for me dinner tonight!!

Morelikey get some sloppy joes, oh well, must'nt grumble.....I suppose it's better than getting sloppy seconds.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:48 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Aren't there ANY sausages/bacon you can buy at Giant Eagle or walmart that are similar to the Brit versions?
Somebody once told me that 'country style' bacon is similar to brit bacon, worth a try?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.